X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First paycheck deduction?

Yesterday i got my first pay for last months RSP weekend. however i was deducted $110, is this normal? i'm also an E-1.

Re: First paycheck deduction?

Look at the bottom of your LES (your check stub) and it will tell you what the reduction is for. How long ago did you enlist before you started drilling? Your life insurance is deducted from the day you joined, so if you havent drilled since joining then that just keeps adding up and is deducted from your first check.

Comment

Yup, almost always a life insurance (SGLI) deduction. Make sure the coverage is what you agreed to. Twice I've had a recruiter/HR put in the max, despite me requesting (even on paper) to have a lowered amount.

Comment

That is most likely the case with SGLI. They take it out every month, but if you miss a month of drill, it comes out of your next check. I had to pay for 2 months of SGLI in August because I enlisted in July, but didn't go to drill until August.

Comment

And i never went to one drill and i owe 216.. called and no one helped me..

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
            Look at the bottom of your LES (your check stub) and it will tell you what the reduction is for. How long ago did you enlist before you started drilling? Your life insurance is deducted from the day you joined, so if you havent drilled since joining then that just keeps adding up and is deducted from your first check.
            I drilled like 2-3 weeks after I enlisted

Comment

Well then, like I said, look at your LES and it will say what the deduction is for at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                Well then, like I said, look at your LES and it will say what the deduction is for at the bottom.
                yes thank you, it was the taxes, SGLI and a debt payment, which i dont even know from what.
                Last edited by Frank Sea; September 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

do they charge for giving me my uniform (pt's and acu's)?

Comment

No. You don't pay for uniforms.

Comment

Working...
                    X