X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivng record question

Hello all, just a quick question to ask. I'm set to go to meps sometime next week and get sworn in and take all the last steps before enlisting. While talking to my recruiter filling out all the paper work last week my criminal record came up. I have nothing on my record but 3 minor traffic tickets. Although when he looked up my record it states I have had only two traffic tickets on history not 3. I think this is because i just got the 3rd traffic ticket about 2 months ago and i think it still has yet to get into the background system. I didnt mention anything because I did not even think of it at the time. My question to you is will they recheck my driving record all over again at MEPS or just look to see what my recruiter has down? I do not want this to bite me in the butt or think that im hiding something or anything about me having 3 traffic tickets, not 2. Also, if they do find out I have 1 more then stated will they just add it on to my record with no harm or will i be disqualified for false information? my MOS will be Cav scout. Should i worry or just let it go? Thank you.

Re: Drivng record question

How did you forget the most recent one??? You need to let your recruiter know so he doesn't look stupid when the check comes back and they find out you have 3. It shouldn't affect your enlistment, but not disclosing it is more of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
      How did you forget the most recent one??? You need to let your recruiter know so he doesn't look stupid when the check comes back and they find out you have 3. It shouldn't affect your enlistment, but not disclosing it is more of an issue.
      Exactly...the truth is always better. You have trouble when you lie or omit information.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLRecruit View Post
        Exactly...the truth is always better. You have trouble when you lie or omit information.

just talked to my recruiter. Told him the situation. he said because its such a minor traffic ticket it wont even effect anything and he wont even change my papers. I then asked what if it comes up at meps or in the future, i dont want to look like i was hiding stuff. He said that it wont effect anything and all is good. So im in the clear

Comment

I am sure you'll be fine. But don't that that as a sign of encouragement.

And just so you know, some recruiters historically tell people not to worry about things or even encourage "not mentioning it". And this goes for both legal issues and health issues. Ultimately, it is YOU who signs the papers.

Comment

Working...
          X