X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Duty???

I'm in the process of enlisting in the FLARNG, (just waiting on family care plan and physical) But I had a quick question I haven't had the chance to ask my recruiter. I am planning on getting some school in for the next 2 years or so and was wondering if there are any benefits? (besides NG paying my tuition) I also have intentions of going active duty once my little one gets a bit bigger but now am wondering if there is a certain time frame I have to wait before I am able to do that..

TY & God Bless

Re: Active Duty???

You can pretty much plan on waiting until your 6 years is up before going active duty. Also, what type of benefits do you mean besides paying tuition? So states give money for books, but that is just state specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Cperez7410 View Post
      I'm in the process of enlisting in the FLARNG, (just waiting on family care plan and physical) But I had a quick question I haven't had the chance to ask my recruiter. I am planning on getting some school in for the next 2 years or so and was wondering if there are any benefits? (besides NG paying my tuition) I also have intentions of going active duty once my little one gets a bit bigger but now am wondering if there is a certain time frame I have to wait before I am able to do that..

TY & God Bless
      The time frame is: the end of your enlistment contract.

Comment

I mean i have heard about the post 9/11 GI bill but am unsure if i would qualify for that. I heard that with that they give you an allowance while in school. If I have this all wrong please tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
          The time frame is: the end of your enlistment contract.
          Thanks I guess that makes sence i just thought since they had an active first option they would would have an active sooner option lol

Comment

Keyword: had

Active First was discontinued. Awesome option for anyone that could take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cperez7410 View Post
              I mean i have heard about the post 9/11 GI bill but am unsure if i would qualify for that. I heard that with that they give you an allowance while in school. If I have this all wrong please tell me.
              If you choose the 6x2 contract you may be eligible for the ARNG Kicker which will pay you a flat rate every month of $350 I think? There's a lot of info on the different GI Bills on the main website. Tuition Assistance goes directly to your school. I believe the Post 9/11 is when you have served at least 90 days Active Duty and the amount depends on how long you served. This is usually used after your enlistment is over. But as a Guard member you can pull from the GI Reserve Select, but you do have to apply and be approved for it.

http://www.nationalguard.com/benefit...llege_20120514

Comment

Working...
              X