X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Drills

Is there an acceptable way to miss a drill if you have another LEGITIMATE commitment (ie 24/7 police academy for 4 months)?

Re: Missing Drills

Talk with your command about how you can make them up. You do not want to miss drills because you wouldn't have a good retirement year.

Comment

Thx, I understand about the "good years." Just wondered if usually commands are reasonably flexible with you.

Comment

Commands can be flexible when there are other commitments like job training. However, they are not required to accomodate these types of schedule changes. It depends on what they see coming up in the training schedule that may require your presence (critical MOS that is not easily replaced for 4 months). However, most of the commanders that I have had would accomodate the schedule change for job training. However, if its just that your kid has soccer games on Saturday morning for 4 months or something like that, then they don't usually accomodate those changes.

As ajdeployed stated, talk with your chain of command. Go in with dates that you will miss and how you will make it up in order to have a "good" year.

Comment

Situations like this are why it's good to be loyal and honest to your commander and first sergeant. I personally have never had an issue making up drills. I have also had to leave one because of an emergency and it apparently qualified for some type of excused non paid drill that you can be granted in an emergency. Brass here can elaborate on that as I had never heard of it until my 7th year in when I actually had one.

Comment

Sounds good, I think the academy is "9-5" M-F so it should be a non-issue. However knowledge is power!

Comment

Working...
            X