X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half sleeve tattoo

Im trying to enlist in the NC Guard and I want to gett a half sleeve tattoo of Saint Michael on my upper right arm. Is this going to disqualify me at meps? i have three additional tattoos all very small. my initals on my left shoulder, the chinese symbol for peace on my upper left chest, and the words "rogue angel" going across my shoulder blades. Im trying to figure out actually if any of these would disqualify me. My recruiter has seen them all and he seems to think i will be fine, as I have known him since i was about 12 so I tend to trust his opinion. But anyone know?

Re: Half sleeve tattoo

Your current tattoos should be fine and not disqualify you. You'll just have to mention them at MEPS. However, I would personally wait on that tattoo until after Basic as that would be one less thing to worry about. If you really want to get it, waiting a year shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking of doing. But I have some scars on my upper right arm I got from when i fell out of a tree when I was younger. I never went to the doctor or anything for it so there is no medical record of it and i thought getting the tattoo would be easier then trying to explain the scars. There are three of them all in one little bunch then another going across my bicep. Do you still think I should wait? My recruiter told me as long as Iexplain how I got them I wouldnt have a problem. I also have a friend who just got back from basic and AIT ( he went back to back) Who suggested I get them before I go to MEPS. I think he said something about needing approval if I waited until after I enlisted?

Comment

Originally posted by armyhopeful View Post
        I think he said something about needing approval if I waited until after I enlisted?
        Once you're done with AIT you can do whatever without approval, as long as it is within standards.

Comment

Originally posted by armyhopeful View Post
          ...I have some scars on my upper right arm I got from when i fell out of a tree when I was younger. I never went to the doctor or anything for it so there is no medical record of it and i thought getting the tattoo would be easier then trying to explain the scars. There are three of them all in one little bunch then another going across my bicep. Do you still think I should wait? My recruiter told me as long as Iexplain how I got them I wouldnt have a problem.
          Don't worry so much about the scar. I have a scar on my chest from Rugby and I didn't go to the doctor either. I was asked at MEPS by the doctor if I had any scars (which is impossible to hide anyways as I was in my underwear) and I quickly explained what happened and he more or less waived it off. So long as the scar doesn't in anyway affect your ability to perform you should have a problem, especially if it happened years ago.

Comment

For your information:

"The Army's tattoo policy (AR 670-1, Chapter 1-8E [1]) prohibits any tattoo or brand anywhere on the head or face, except for permanent makeup on females (such as permanent eyeliner, eyebrows and makeup applied to fill in lips). Tattoos/brands/body mutilation or ornamentation that are extremist, indecent, sexist, or racist are prohibited, regardless of location on the body, as they are prejudicial to good order and discipline within units. This includes body mutilation and ornamentation. Tongue splitting or forking, facial ornamentation, piercing of the ear lobes in excess of one quarter of an inch in diameter are NOT authorized for enlistment."

You should be fine with the current tattoos you have, but I agree with the above posters. Wait until you're done so that if there are any infections or irritations you're not having to deal with them during training.

Comment

I got my tattoo at Mint Condition Tattoo in Upland, Ca awesome work over there check them out

John Sunseri
              Gabe
              Mike Ramos
              www.mintconditiontattoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill133 View Post
                I got my tattoo at Mint Condition Tattoo in Upland, Ca awesome work over there check them out

John Sunseri
                Gabe
                Mike Ramos
                www.mintconditiontattoo.com
                Cough...SPAM...Cough

Comment

Working...
                X