X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Deployment with the MFO in the Sinai

I'm a Field Artillery Captain in the Texas Army National Guard now. I'm looking to deploy in support of the Multinational Force Observers in the Sinai. I speak Fluent Hebrew (DLPT certified) and have always wanted to pursue this tour. After a pretty extensive search I haven't had much luck in figuring out how to even approach it. G1 all the way up to the state level has no idea. I've even tracked down a few folks at the NGB level. Nobody seems to know how this deployment is manned or even who is set next in the chute to deploy there. The majority of American presence there is National Guardsmen. Anyone out there have any ideas or can think of how to approach something like this, I'd be appreciative and all ears. I've tried volunteering on My Tour of Duty and on GKO. No dice for this deployment.

v/r
    Daniel Rabinovitch
    CPT, FA TXARNG

Re: Seeking Deployment with the MFO in the Sinai

Originally posted by dany006 View Post
    I'm a Field Artillery Captain in the Texas Army National Guard now. I'm looking to deploy in support of the Multinational Force Observers in the Sinai. I speak Fluent Hebrew (DLPT certified) and have always wanted to pursue this tour. After a pretty extensive search I haven't had much luck in figuring out how to even approach it. G1 all the way up to the state level has no idea. I've even tracked down a few folks at the NGB level. Nobody seems to know how this deployment is manned or even who is set next in the chute to deploy there. The majority of American presence there is National Guardsmen. Anyone out there have any ideas or can think of how to approach something like this, I'd be appreciative and all ears. I've tried volunteering on My Tour of Duty and on GKO. No dice for this deployment.

v/r
    Daniel Rabinovitch
    CPT, FA TXARNG
    MFO is a low manpower but high interest deployment. The only way I think you will go is if you find a vacancy with a deploying unit on the tour of duty website. As much as I look at that thing I think I may have seen a dozen or so vacancies on there....ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      MFO is a low manpower but high interest deployment. The only way I think you will go is if you find a vacancy with a deploying unit on the tour of duty website. As much as I look at that thing I think I may have seen a dozen or so vacancies on there....ever.
      Understood. Seeing as how most Guard missions are sourced years out though, there must be a way to find a PAX chart for that mission somewhere, right?

Comment

The system is not designed to do what you want it to do. The Army mobilizes existing units to fill operational requirements. The missions aren't designed around the convenience of any one individual. Firemen don't get to sign up for which fire they put out, they go to the one that's assigned to their fire company.

If the unit with the Sinai mission has vacancies, they'll fill them through TOD. Given the small size if the Sinai mission, and the fewer competing deployments, States can usually fill their own vacancies.

Comment

CPT Rabinovitch,

If you happen to still check these forums, I can tell you for a FACT that there is a 2014 deployment to Sinai ISO the MFO mission which not only is a ARNG FA BN, but also had two seperate 0-3 Battle Captain slots listed as vacant on the original DMD. Due to strict limitations on manpower, only 425 soldiers will be part of this deployment and they are likely to fill up quick. I can't publically post too many more particulars at the moment, but if you could reply with your contact information or send me a private message, I can get you in touch with the right people to talk to regarding the possibility of you getting aboard this mission. I am a full-time Pre-Mobilization Trainer and Advisor with the Guard and am going on this deployment as well, so I can assure you that my information is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Most Crucial View Post
            CPT Rabinovitch,

If you happen to still check these forums, I can tell you for a FACT that there is a 2014 deployment to Sinai ISO the MFO mission which not only is a ARNG FA BN, but also had two seperate 0-3 Battle Captain slots listed as vacant on the original DMD. Due to strict limitations on manpower, only 425 soldiers will be part of this deployment and they are likely to fill up quick. I can't publically post too many more particulars at the moment, but if you could reply with your contact information or send me a private message, I can get you in touch with the right people to talk to regarding the possibility of you getting aboard this mission. I am a full-time Pre-Mobilization Trainer and Advisor with the Guard and am going on this deployment as well, so I can assure you that my information is accurate.
            Just a reminder that personal email addresses will be deleted as this is a public forum. So, a PM is a great way to exchange that kind of information.

Comment

I am in the FA Unit going on this deployment and was informed that there are no open slots. We have an SRP coming up and may have some people kicked off the DMD after that, but there is a long list of soldiers from our state already on standby wanting to go.

Comment

I'm currently deployed to Sinai RIGHT NOW! In support of MFO, rotation 57. Our unit was very lucky to have been chosen and the only thing you can do is volunteer through your current unit or AKO. If someone fails PT standards or is medically disqualified, we filled the slot with outsiders. We do not have many people who were not originally part of our unit. Only a few. And they are soldiers who have max PT scores and are very competitive.
                Last edited by dfjohn07; March 21st, 2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X