X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to Camp Parks?

I am going there on Wednesday the 29th of August to reclass into 92G (cook)
    Was wondering if it is a decent post or just a small instalation with nothng to do in my off time?
    Would like to be using the gym after training and maybe see if I can get on a charter to do some fishing in the ocean. When I was at Fort Richardson some years back you could go to a rec center and they had a list of fishing charters going out of Seward, AK that were very cheap for soldiers.
    Anything anyone can offer would be great.
    Also what are the barracks like there?

Re: Anyone been to Camp Parks?

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
    I am going there on Wednesday the 29th of August to reclass into 92G (cook)
    Was wondering if it is a decent post or just a small instalation with nothng to do in my off time?
    Would like to be using the gym after training and maybe see if I can get on a charter to do some fishing in the ocean. When I was at Fort Richardson some years back you could go to a rec center and they had a list of fishing charters going out of Seward, AK that were very cheap for soldiers.
    Anything anyone can offer would be great.
    Also what are the barracks like there?
    Parks is okay. The MWR is badass with free wifi. The PX is two trailers that has food and drinks...so bring what you need. There is housing on post so the 5-0 is strict. PT belt when you run. The gym is a WWII barracks type with okay amount of machines and equipment. Bring your ID everywhere with you. The DFAC is pretty good, it's contractor run. You march everywhere so deal with it. Even when I was there for ALC (BNCOC) we marched and used road guards.

Your 45 minutes from San Francisco (which means the bay) so it's easy access to the water. You can cab it to the train and take it in that way or just bus/cab it in the city. Directly off post is Dublin. It's very upscale and has an awesome movie theater plus shops.

Barracks are two man rooms. Prepare to clean every day.

The great thing about being in SLC is that it was all E5s and E6s that were AGR (92Y SLC). So when we had to clean or march, we just did it. We knew we were "playing" army, but to please the brass, it had to be done. If you are ever feeling demotivated and wonder why you are there, just imagine 20 Supply Sergeants doing it and you will know you can do it, too.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

92Y SLC...Does class run through the weekend?

Comment

Working...
        X