Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options for Full-time Employment

Hello All!

I am currently finishing my final year of Grad School. I have seen an opening with the National Guard in the specific field I would love to begin my career with as an Intelligence Analyst, along with this, the loan repayment options and other benefits seem great. Are there any options allowing me to work full-time with the national guard?

Thank you for any responses!

Re: Options for Full-time Employment

There are full time positions in the National Guard but they are pretty limited. Most are admin related in order to keep the NG running effectively between drill weekends. So if you are wanting a full time intelligence analyst position with the NG there will be very, very few in the entire US. For something like this in the NG the best bet is to get a job as a criminal analyst with your states counter drug program. However, slots are limited and they do not hire strickly from the 35 series MOS. In addition, every states CD program has recieved drastic budget cuts this year, forcing many states to reduce strength levels. So the chances of an open slot becoming available are very very small.

If you want full time employment with the military then the active component is the way to go. Nobody should ever join the NG with the expection that they will get a full time position, even at any point in a NG career.

Comment

This topic seems to come up once/twice a week at least.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        This topic seems to come up once/twice a week at least.
        People need a job I mean these are tough times.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
          For something like this in the NG the best bet is to get a job as a criminal analyst with your states counter drug program.
          Woa woa, that sounds very interesting to me - is a job in the CD program available part time (during drill)? I've never heard about this.

Comment

Originally posted by NY ARNG Woodard View Post
            Woa woa, that sounds very interesting to me - is a job in the CD program available part time (during drill)? I've never heard about this.
            No. You are on full time orders and detailed out as an analyst. Ive known some to wear civilians everyday and be on loan to the DEA or FBI.

http://dmna.ny.gov/jobs/agr/12-8Plattsburgh.htm

Comment

Ah shucks.. Wouldn't work out for me even if it were part time. Thanks for the info SSG.

Comment

Working...
              X