X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Option Training NJ/PA National Guard

I am currently living in New Jersey and am wanting to do the Split Option Training Program the National Guard has. I live close enough to the border to do Split Option with the Pennsylvania National guard. I was told the PA Guard has more benefits and is a larger unit then the New Jersey Guard. I was also told that I should talk to an interstate recruiter. I was wondering if this is any different then talking to a regular recruiter which I've already talked too. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Re: Split Option Training NJ/PA National Guard

I'm not familiar with the term "interstate" recruiter, other than assuming the obvious: a recruiter that works with Soldiers who live along the state borders.

As far as advice, I would recommend deciding now what state you want to drill in and enlist with a recruiter from that state. It won't matter much where your home of record is if you are well within driving distance to your unit. If you think Pennsylvania has more benefits you can use, then go for it. Just know that switching back might not be as easy later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Spn95 View Post
      I am currently living in New Jersey and am wanting to do the Split Option Training Program the National Guard has. I live close enough to the border to do Split Option with the Pennsylvania National guard. I was told the PA Guard has more benefits and is a larger unit then the New Jersey Guard. I was also told that I should talk to an interstate recruiter. I was wondering if this is any different then talking to a regular recruiter which I've already talked too. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
      What are your goals? NJ has the best education benefit anywhere. Do you possibly mean interstate transfer coordinator? Give some more info and we can help/advise better.

Comment

When you say NJ has the best education benefits...what exactly do you mean? Are they better then Pennsylvania's? And no i believe when they used the term "interstate recruiter" they must have been referring to a recruiters office that is along the interstate which is close to the area where I live. And thank you for the responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Spn95 View Post
          When you say NJ has the best education benefits...what exactly do you mean? Are they better then Pennsylvania's? And no i believe when they used the term "interstate recruiter" they must have been referring to a recruiters office that is along the interstate which is close to the area where I live. And thank you for the responses.
          I'm not from New Jersey, but it's my understanding that NJ is one of the few states that truly cover 100% of your college tuition; aka no credit hour cap. My advice would be to speak to a recruiter from both states and compare the benefits. If you can't a straight forward answer verbally, ask them to provide you with a fact sheet or something in writing that will help you narrow down your options.

Good luck!

Comment

Currently I am here talking about Recruiter Training In New york. Thanks for sharing this News.......

Comment

Working...
            X