Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

CA Guard Potential Recruit; pending approval of misconduct waiver for misemeanor DUI

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Guard Potential Recruit; pending approval of misconduct waiver for misemeanor DUI

A month has gone by since I have submitted my waiver packet to my recruiter. I know that's not a long time but I was hoping I might have had some luck with him finding a Unit to sign off on my waiver. I'm wondering what the likelihood of things changing in the coming months are. I'm staying hopeful that I will be allowed to join but I want to be realistic as well.

Re: CA Guard Potential Recruit; pending approval of misconduct waiver for misemeanor DUI

A single DUI from a non-prior service applicant without ANY other offenses? We're not even requiring a waiver for that. Can you be more specific?

Comment

Re: CA Guard Potential Recruit; pending approval of misconduct waiver for misemeanor DUI

Yes sir, I appreciate the response, I have never served in any capacity or been to bootcamp. The DUI is my only offense, which I received in February 2011, so I understand that it is fresh. I have gone to court and received final disposition being granted early termination of any probation related to the charge and have no further ongoing legal actions against me or on my record other than 1 or 2 minor traffic offenses from much longer ago. I have been talking to my recruiter since February, and I have been told from the beginning that I would need a misconduct waiver. Like I said i'm now waiting to see if he can get a local Unit to sign off on my waiver but none are willing to now due to high troop levels and being full. My recruiter has been great and helpful, Please let me know if i'm leaving any critical details out. This is for the California National Guard in the San Diego area, I don't know if location matters but I'm trying to figure out why I was told differently.
      Last edited by aakitchin; August 13th, 2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Is there an MOS that is not over-strength in a unit near you? I generally don't recommend enlisting in an MOS that you are not passionate about, but unless you want to wait for an opening, perhaps this will increase your odds of getting a waiver approved.

Most states do not even accept moral waivers and those that do are very particular about the applicants that are accepted. The best you can do is work closely with your recruiter and try to be on top of any documentation you need. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you, I understand. I will continue to work with my recruiter and see if anything opens up.

Comment

Working...
          X