Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential recruit; waiting to see if a Unit will sign off on my misconduct waiver.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential recruit; waiting to see if a Unit will sign off on my misconduct waiver.

I am recently out of College having received my B.A. in Global studies. I am now 26, I have had an interest in joining some branch of the U.S. armed forces since I was 18 but I never manned up. My last semester in college was spent in Italy after which I went to Israel to spend time with my cousin who recently began his compulsory service in the Israel defense forces. After spending more time thinking about my options after College and seeing on craigs-list that the CA National Guard was hiring in San Diego where I now live, I decided to get in touch with a recruiter in February when I returned home. A misconduct waiver is required for me to join due to a misdemeanor D.U.I. that I received in Feb 2011 while going to school in Santa Barbara. With the help of my recruiter I got my waiver packet assembled and ready to go by July 10th. I recently called him to check in a month after submitting the packet, the update is he can't get a Unit to sign off on my waiver now due to them being fully staffed. I know that the summer is an especially busy time for recruiters with many students graduating and looking to join. I have to look for other jobs in the meantime, however I'm looking for some advice as to if I can realistically expect my situation to change, in the coming months, about space opening up and my recruiter finding a Unit willing to sign off on my waiver? I know that because I need a waiver I'm asking for a big favor to be allowed to join, and I ask this question with great respect.

Re: Potential recruit; waiting to see if a Unit will sign off on my misconduct waiver.

It sounds like you're lucky to even have the opportunity to submit a waiver. There are only a few states that are even accepting moral waivers right now. Your best option is to just keep in touch with your recruiter. Openings can occur overnight.

Comment

Working...
    X