X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOS Transfer

I heard a rumor that certain MOS training will transfer and qualify you for a civilian job. I haven't picked my MOS yet but if this is true it would defiantly influence my decision. Does anybody know where I could find out this information or a list of MOS's that transfer? Thank you.

Re: MOS Transfer

What do you mean? If you're thinking certain military training will good look on a resume for a certain type of civilian job, yes that is true. If you're thinking certain military training = instant full time civilian job anywhere, you're wrong.

For example, 68W (Medic) skills learned could easily benefit someone wanting to work as an EMT for a hospital or ambulance company. The computer skills and certifications a 25B would learn, could help them in applying for civilian IT jobs. They both received training relevant to many civilian careers.

The "transfer" is with regards to your experience and skills. Not you as an individual. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

I dont know of a full list of MOS that will transfer military training to civilian jobs the only one that I know of off hand is an 88M (truck driver). Depending on the state you can posibly get the driving portion of getting your class A licence waived.

Comment

Check out UAV operator, 25U I think. Unmanned drones are the future of surveillance and aerial warfare. The training you'll receive is not taught in colleges. Get your hands on experience through the Army, then look for a job via FBI or CIA.

Comment

Originally posted by Orelladanza View Post
          Check out UAV operator, 25U I think. Unmanned drones are the future of surveillance and aerial warfare. The training you'll receive is not taught in colleges. Get your hands on experience through the Army, then look for a job via FBI or CIA.
          There are some colleges with aviation programs that teach UAV. Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA is one of them. They are also working on getting it to where once you graduate from here you will have a job waiting for you at the DoD garenteed.

Comment

That's interesting. I didn't know that. Lets just mark another transferable skill off the list. Darn colleges these days.

Comment

Working...
            X