Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you receive a Direct Commission in the Guard from WO to O-Grade???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you receive a Direct Commission in the Guard from WO to O-Grade???

My topic is my question. I did some research I am a 351M and would love to dual-hat as a Lima as well. The Marine Corps has one MOS that encompass both CI/HUMINT and the Army has o-grades that are CI/HUMINT (35F) can I do a DC from WO to 2nd LT and get the 35F MOS. (all that respond please note that 35F is not the all-source intel analyst enlisted MOS but the CI/HUMINT officer). Thanks in advance.

Re: Can you receive a Direct Commission in the Guard from WO to O-Grade???

When someone (NCO, WO) obtains a direct appointment into the basic branches it is essentially waiving the required commissioning source (OCS, ROTC, Service Academy). While these appointments do exsist, they make up a tiny faction of the total commissions awarded each year. A high percentage of packets are rejected at NGB. Frankly, the amount of documentation, leg work, and hassle that goes into a direct appointment packet (without even a reasonable guarantee that it will be approved) isn't worth placating the lazy soldier who ultimately just wants to "get out" of going to OCS or another commissioning source.

Even if you could manage to convince everyone from your TAG down that you are worthy of the effort, you'd still have to attend a 35 series BOLC.

NGR 600-101 does allow construtive credit for WOCS by attending OCS but it does not apply the other way around. If you meet all the other commissioning requirements why not just put a OCS packet in, and be done in a couple months. Honestly, the DC process will take at a minimum 3 times longer and there is no guarantee of approval.

Comment

Working...
    X