X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Drug Test at MEPS

Hello guys, just a question here. I recently found out that I tested positive for thc from my drug test at MEPS. After a certain period of time, would I be eligible to try again or is it permanent? My recruiter who was never a friendly guy has stopped speaking to me and will not give me any info on this matter.

I'm shocked that I tested positive as I can't remember the last time I smoked. I took two urine tests the very same week for civilian jobs and passed both with no problems. It has me wondering if they searched my blood test for the THC.

If anyone could let me know when/if/how long it would be if I was eligible to try again I'd more than appreciate it.

Thanks

Re: Failed Drug Test at MEPS

At this time you are not eligible for enlistment, unless policies change you can not join. Your recruiter doesn't want to talk to you because you just wasted his time trying to put you in.

Comment

Why didn't you stop smoking marijuana in June when you joined the website?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueNation View Post
        I can't remember the last time I smoked.
        Hence the effects of Marijuana

Comment

DAT waivers (aka a positive drug test) are currently not being accepted. Period. But if they ever are again, here is what the reg says about a time frame of re-testing.

AR 601-210, Chapter 4 states:

"4–18. Positive drug or alcohol test
          a. Any applicant or enlistee who was or is confirmed positive for the presence of drugs or alcohol at time of original
          physical examination is not eligible for enlistment into DEP/DTP or CNGB for ARNG unless a waiver is granted. The
          TPU commander will be notified of RC Soldier who tests positive for drugs so the Soldier can be processed for
          separation in accordance with appropriate regulatory guidance.
          b. Waiting periods are required under the following circumstances:
          (1) Positive for marijuana and alcohol.
          (a) If applicant’s first test is positive, they must wait 6 months from previous test date for retest. (Recruiting
          battalion commander or MILPO, ARNG is the approval authority.)

(b) If applicant’s second test is positive, they must wait 24 months from previous test date for a retest. (CG,
          USAREC or CNBG is the approval authority.)
          (c) If applicant’s third test is positive, they are permanently disqualified.
          (2) Positive for cocaine or any other drug tested for (excluding marijuana).
          (a) If applicant’s first test is positive, they must wait 1 year from previous test date for a retest. (Recruiting battalion
          commander is the approval authority.)
          (b) If applicant’s second test is positive, they are permanently disqualified.
          c. The following documents are required for the submission of a waiver under this paragraph:
          (1) A memorandum prepared according to instructions in paragraph 4–28.
          (2) DD Form 1966 and electronic security screening questionnaire.
          (3) A copy of current MEPS physical examination or USMEPCOM PCN 680–3ADP showing drug test results.
          (4) Other documents the recruiting battalion commander or executive officer may require.
          d. All applicants who test positive will be required to have police records check accomplished as part of the waiver
          process regardless of any admission or record of civil offenses.
          e. Applicants with an approved drug alcohol test waiver are prohibited from enlisting in any MOS or option that
          requires a security clearance."

Comment

Working...
          X