X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I need information.

Okay so I'm going to just dive right in to the questions. The other day I went to see an army recruiter, they told me that I could not join because I have a possession of marijuana charge. So they told me to try for the National Guard, I really want to join the military and serve my country. I have been wanting to join since I was little. I know I messed up when I was younger but I have grown up a lot so I was wondering If I could get in to the National Guard if their was a way I could transfer over after a while even though I still have the charge?

Re: So I need information.

Originally posted by RedruM1992 View Post
    Okay so I'm going to just dive right in to the questions. The other day I went to see an army recruiter, they told me that I could not join because I have a possession of marijuana charge. So they told me to try for the National Guard, I really want to join the military and serve my country. I have been wanting to join since I was little. I know I messed up when I was younger but I have grown up a lot so I was wondering If I could get in to the National Guard if their was a way I could transfer over after a while even though I still have the charge?
    Misconduct for possession of drugs, including marijuana, is a disqualification from enlistment and is non-waiverable. There's very little difference in the enlistment requirements from Active Army, therefore if you don't get into the AD Army because of a drug related charge, then it's nearly certain you won't qualify for the National Guard. That being said, only a recruiter can verify your eligibility, so you are welcomed to speak to one and find out where you stand.

Comment

Re: So I need information.

Excellent post. But remember you still could have ambitions to be President of our United States. Past marijuana use is ok for that.

Comment

Working...
      X