Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

option 35 is there any way to shorten my time in the guard?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• option 35 is there any way to shorten my time in the guard?

So i am coming off of active duty and and i thought i had IRR in my contract but i guess it was removed when they switched my MOS in basic. I was really looking forward to IRR after being on active duty for almost 4 years. Because i am option 35 i have to serve the remaining 4 years and 6 months in the guard but is there any way to shorten my guard time? I have 2 years of stabilization and I was just really hoping there was a way to get an MSO (military service obligation) reduction so i wouldnt have to spend all 4 and a half years in the guard, i got it i signed the contract and thats fine im just looking for an alternative. Thanks in advance!

Re: option 35 is there any way to shorten my time in the guard?

Originally posted by dsieck89 View Post
    So i am coming off of active duty and and i thought i had IRR in my contract but i guess it was removed when they switched my MOS in basic. I was really looking forward to IRR after being on active duty for almost 4 years. Because i am option 35 i have to serve the remaining 4 years and 6 months in the guard but is there any way to shorten my guard time? I have 2 years of stabilization and I was just really hoping there was a way to get an MSO (military service obligation) reduction so i wouldnt have to spend all 4 and a half years in the guard, i got it i signed the contract and thats fine im just looking for an alternative. Thanks in advance!

Have you found anything on this yet? im kind of in the same boat and cant find anything/ anyone who knows anything about this?

Comment

Re: option 35 is there any way to shorten my time in the guard?

The best resource to transition from Active Duty Army to the Army National Guard is to talk with a Reserve Component Career Counselor (RCCC) located on all Army posts, usually in the same location as ACAP or post out processing. They can assist in finding a unit, with open availability, to transition into with either the Army Guard or Army Reserve. You can begin the process 180 days prior to your ETS date.

These are incentives specific to soldiers utilizing the on post RCCC reps.
      2 year stabilization for transition soldiers in addition to state specific incentives.

MSO reductions
      Reduction can be anywhere from 12 months to 24 months. The MSO reduction is based on a day for day reduction. For example a soldier enlisting into the Guard for 2 years would receive a 2 year reduction on their remaining MSO.
      Periods of enlistment:
      A) Remaining time of MSO. (Whatever that length may be, if it is 1 year and 2 months then that is what they enlist for.

B) 2-6 years in yearly increments.

Comment

Working...
      X