Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force to Army (interest in flying UH-60's or AH-64's)

Hey everyone,

I separated from the Air Force as a Captain in 2009, after four years on active duty. I'm presently 29 years old and interested in flying either a UH-60 or AH-64 in the ANG and would like to know if anyone has any information on how I would go about this or if you could direct me to someone who would know. I currently live in New Mexico, but would have no issue relocating.

Any information would be appreciated and thank you for your time.

V/R,
    Capt Moss

Re: Air Force to Army (interest in flying UH-60's or AH-64's)

Are you in the IRR? Also, its the Army (ARNG) not the Air Force (ANG) that has Warrant Officers that fly helicopters. You need to contact the Warrant Officer Strength Manager for your state.

V/r,
    Chief

Comment

At your age, you're running out of time. I presume that you're not already a pilot, but if you were (even of some other airframe), that would be an advantage.

Contact a local recruiter, and get in touch with the Officer Strength Manager (OSM). The OSM will work the generalized requirements to bring you into the Guard, while you're working with the SAAO in your state on the aviation-specific requirements.

Comment

Yes, I failed to mention that you could be fortunate enough to transfer branches and branch Aviation in order to remain as an O-grade but that is a different dynamic. Many Os go the Warrant route if they want to focus on flying throughout their career until they hit the senior Warrant ranks.

Comment

Thank you for the information, I greatly appreciate it. I'll be contacting the Strength Manager and local recruiter shortly. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X