Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Secret.. need help

My buddy had thought about lying on his TS but we werent sure what to do
    Last edited by helpplz; February 17th, 2013, 03:06 PM.

Re: Top Secret.. need help

did you tell anyone you lied? At this point you have to see how it goes and hope for the best.

Comment

What's your MOS? Most jobs don't require a clearance.

Comment

You basically have 2 choices, live with your lies you've told or not be able to join the military. With your past drug use there wont even be a waiver for you. I appreciate your honesty and integrity with this situation and I am sure you are a stand up guy, but unfortunately sometimes our past comes back to haunt us.

Comment

Any negative consequences you endure because of your honesty are a fraction of what you would face once someone else finds out. I recommend that you write a letter detailing exactly where and how you lied, on what forms and venues, and what the real history is. While you want to give some reasoning for the deception, don't belabor those points. Get that letter notarized, and submit it to your chain of command and to the security clearance investigator. It will be awkward in the short term. When your clearance investigator starts discovering discrepancies, then it will be far, far worse.

Comment

SF86 form says anything said on it cannot be used in subsequent trial.
            Last edited by helpplz; February 17th, 2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X