X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor League Baseball and Drill

Can anyone help answer this question? Please know what you are talking about when you respond. I just commissioned in the National Guard so my current contract will be 6 years. So I will drill once a month, two weeks a year and any deployments. I am planning on trying out for various Minor League Baseball teams and if I make a team or get an offer would this even work? I have a great chance of getting an offer but I don't know how it will work. I would be willing to go to drill but I am wondering if it would be possible. I love serving my country and will never take anything away from that but I love baseball and I just want this to work out.

Re: Minor League Baseball and Drill

Originally posted by jb4 View Post
    Can anyone help answer this question? Please know what you are talking about when you respond. I just commissioned in the National Guard so my current contract will be 6 years. So I will drill once a month, two weeks a year and any deployments. I am planning on trying out for various Minor League Baseball teams and if I make a team or get an offer would this even work? I have a great chance of getting an offer but I don't know how it will work. I would be willing to go to drill but I am wondering if it would be possible. I love serving my country and will never take anything away from that but I love baseball and I just want this to work out.
    That will depend on your unit and your position at your unit. Some units may see this as a nice public relations move for the guard to have a drilling member on a local minor league team. Other's may just see it as too inconvenient for the unit. You'll need to have a nice long sit down with your commander to discuss your options.

Comment

I'm assuming it's the same for Officers, but with enlisted, you can sometimes work out a schedule to split train the drill weekends you won't be there; especially if you know what your game schedule will be ahead of time. Like HR NCO said, it will ultimately depend on your unit and your position at the unit.

Comment

Thank you for your reply and time.

Comment

My recommendation is that you frame this problem as a job conflict, because your job requires occasional seasonal work on weekends. That sounds far more serious than needing time off to play a game.

Comment

Working...
          X