X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I combine "stripes for buddies" and "stripes for skill"

I have a question. If i sign my contract, and then my friend signs his, will i go up from E1 to E2? Or does it have to be on the same date.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanpabon View Post
      I have a question. If i sign my contract, and then my friend signs his, will i go up from E1 to E2? Or does it have to be on the same
      date.
      They don't have to enlist the same day you do as long as they specify it was you that "brought" them in.

Comment

So would it have to be written on my contract? I'm signing my contract on Thursday and he is signing his on Friday. I wouldn't sign as E-2 since technically he hasn't signed the contract yet, right? I'm also confused about something else. They told me that i could be E-3 if i brought two people with me. Are there any specifications for that? For example, can my friend sign his contract on friday and then my other friend 3 weeks after that and i would still go up to E-3? I would be enlisted before they sign their contracts.

Comment

So would it have to be written on my contract? I'm signing my contract on Thursday and he is signing his on Friday. I wouldn't sign as E-2 since technically he hasn't signed the contract yet, right? I'm also confused about something else. They told me that i could be E-3 if i brought two people with me. Are there any specifications for that? For example, can my friend sign his contract on friday and then my other friend 3 weeks after that and i would still go up to E-3? I would be enlisted before they sign their contracts.
          Somebody else correct me if i'm wrong, but what it seems to me is that you enlist as an E-1, maybe an E-2 since your buddy is the next day. If you get someone else to sign up under you later, you will get a promotion to E-3 at your first drill. At my drill last month we had a lot of people that were E-1/E-2 and were promoted and got their new ranks at formation.

Comment

Yes, Bryan, it should be somewhere within your enlistment paperwork that you recruited someone in. Collegeguard, your assessment of the situation sounds about right.

Bryan, you said "they said I could..."; am I correct in assuming your working with your recruiter on this? Ultimately, they will be able to guide you through this process much better than someone on this forum, knowing your unique situation and what is allowable in your state. I would recommend getting more details from them.

Comment

Working...
            X