X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I combine "stripes for buddies" and "stripes for skill"

Hello, I already enlisting as an E2 because I got a friend to sign up. So I was wondering if I can also do the "stripe for skills" and go in as an E3??
    any help would be greatly appreciated...Thank You

Re: Can I combine "stripes for buddies" and "stripes for skill"

It is my understanding that Stripes For Skills gets you to E-2 from E-1 not E-3 from E-2
    Stripes For Buddies can get you to E-3 from E-2

Essentially you should have waited until your first white phase drill to do your Stripes for skills THEN got your friend in

First part of this post is bad information, please refer to the posts below from HR NCO for confirmation
    You might want to talk to your RSP Command/Recruiter too see if they will let you do SFS for E-3 since you did get a friend.
    Shoot me a PM if you want a practice SFS Test Sheet.
    Last edited by AWeisenberger; August 6th, 2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AWeisenberger View Post
      It is my understanding that Stripes For Skills gets you to E-2 from E-1 not E-3 from E-2
      Stripes For Buddies can get you to E-3 from E-2

Essentially you should have waited until your first white phase drill to do your Stripes for skills THEN got your friend in

You might want to talk to your RSP Command/Recruiter too see if they will let you do SFS for E-3 since you did get a friend.

Shoot me a PM if you want a practice SFS Test Sheet.

Be careful answering questions when you don't know the answer.

MX, yes, you can combine the two to get promoted to E3. It doesn't matter which one you do first. This is actually something that just became possible a little over a year ago. Prior to that, SFS could not be combined with anything for promotion.

Comment

Do what you can to make E3. Easiest way to make a few extra bucks during your brief time on active duty.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.. I will talk to my recruiter today

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
            Be careful answering questions when you don't know the answer.

MX, yes, you can combine the two to get promoted to E3. It doesn't matter which one you do first. This is actually something that just became possible a little over a year ago. Prior to that, SFS could not be combined with anything for promotion.
            So on this same topic can i combine SFS with my college credits to get to E-3?

Comment

Originally posted by for guards sake View Post
              So on this same topic can i combine SFS with my college credits to get to E-3?
              Yes, that works

Comment

I spoke to my recruiter today and he actually said that in order to combine both, i needed to do the stripes for skill first and then after I was in refer a friend. so I guess I'm screwed now

Comment

Originally posted by MXmulisha View Post
                  I spoke to my recruiter today and he actually said that in order to combine both, i needed to do the stripes for skill first and then after I was in refer a friend. so I guess I'm screwed now
                  No, your recruiter probably doesn't realize that the policy changed when the new reg came into effect. You are eligible for promotion.

Comment

Tell your recruiter to reference AR 601-210 para 2-18c, you can combine stripes for skills with stripes for buddies, it says nothing having to do one before the other.

You can even tell him you found it yourself...you'll sound smart.

Comment

Thank you very much for the help.... Im going to call him first thing tomorrow morning. Im going to MEPS on Wed im guessing this issue needs to be resolved before that? Im guessing it has to be in my contract?

Comment

Let your recruiter know the same memo they would use for any other SFB promotion should be taken to MEPS with you with all the information about the guy your referred.

Comment

ive been asking this question for like the past 3 -4 RSP drills and every time the cadre tells me that you cant combine them -_-. im supposed to go take the stripes for skills test next week and a buddy of mine is enlisting today , im guessing that qualifies me for PFC?

Comment

Originally posted by Blandino View Post
                            ive been asking this question for like the past 3 -4 RSP drills and every time the cadre tells me that you cant combine them -_-. im supposed to go take the stripes for skills test next week and a buddy of mine is enlisting today , im guessing that qualifies me for PFC?
                            Yes, as long as you pass and your buddy does actually enlist. You also can provide them the same reference I previously listed.

Comment

just to give you a heads up, I wasn't able to combine them. I got my friend to sign up and my recruiters keeps telling me that I cannot get promoted to E3 doing the stripe for skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X