Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tattoo before BCT?

Hey all,
    I wanted to get some input from you guys about getting a new tattoo before BCT. The tattoo would not be in any violation of the tattoo policies. It will be placed on my chest and will be the latin quote: “Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.“ Which means: "Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future." So it would be covered with any shirt and in know way is gang related or vulgar.

PS - keep in mind I already have ink that is more visible in PT uniforms and such that was not a problem with enlistment. Thanks guys!

Re: New tattoo before BCT?

Originally posted by 4wheelin4evr View Post
    Hey all,
    I wanted to get some input from you guys about getting a new tattoo before BCT. The tattoo would not be in any violation of the tattoo policies. It will be placed on my chest and will be the latin quote: “Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.“ Which means: "Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future." So it would be covered with any shirt and in know way is gang related or vulgar.

PS - keep in mind I already have ink that is more visible in PT uniforms and such that was not a problem with enlistment. Thanks guys!
    No. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

When you went to MEPS the first time, they documented your tattoos to assist in identifying your body. The morning before you ship out, you're going to go to MEPS and get naked again. Your tattoo being on your chest and I'm assuming will be large, will appear fresh and will more than likely attract the attention of the MEPS guys. Obviously this will create problems as you will have a tattoo that they did not document previously.

So, unless you want to attract the attention of those oh so awesome MEPS personnel and possibly delay your ship, I'd stick it out until after IET.

Comment

I would have to agree that getting a new one may be frustrating when having to deal with the wonderful personnel at MEPS. I would love to get the work done but if it is really going to cause a big issue with MEPS or even delays in my processing, I'd rather not risk it. Just wasn't sure how big of an issue it would/could be.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheelin4evr View Post
        I would have to agree that getting a new one may be frustrating when having to deal with the wonderful personnel at MEPS. I would love to get the work done but if it is really going to cause a big issue with MEPS or even delays in my processing, I'd rather not risk it. Just wasn't sure how big of an issue it would/could be.
        When in doubt, speak with your recruiter.

Comment

Just wait till after you get back...I'm promise no one at Basic will like you more just because you have one more tattoo when you get there.

Comment

Why do you need a tattoo to seize the day?

Be brave, get one of these

http://www.materialworldblog.com/201...he-hangover-2/

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
              Just wait till after you get back...I'm promise no one at Basic will like you more just because you have one more tattoo when you get there.
              Has nothing to do with wanting people to like me more in BCT. I don't get tattoos for anyone but myself. I'm not one of those people who gets tattoos to look cool and impress others.

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              Why do you need a tattoo to seize the day?

Be brave, get one of these

http://www.materialworldblog.com/201...he-hangover-2/
              Hahaha. Done. Totally doing it!

It's a representation of my outlook on life. I've been through a lot for only being 22. More than most have my age and even older. All of my tattoos have some direct meaning for my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rescue View Post
                No. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

When you went to MEPS the first time, they documented your tattoos to assist in identifying your body. The morning before you ship out, you're going to go to MEPS and get naked again. Your tattoo being on your chest and I'm assuming will be large, will appear fresh and will more than likely attract the attention of the MEPS guys. Obviously this will create problems as you will have a tattoo that they did not document previously.

So, unless you want to attract the attention of those oh so awesome MEPS personnel and possibly delay your ship, I'd stick it out until after IET.
                It has nothing to do with ID'ing you. It has to do with three idiots at Ft Bragg, NG in the mid 90's who were white supremacists who decided to kill an innocent black couple walking down the road. It turned out they had pro- NAZI and other white supremacist tattoos.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-02-..._black-soldier

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                  It has nothing to do with ID'ing you. It has to do with three idiots at Ft Bragg, NG in the mid 90's who were white supremacists who decided to kill an innocent black couple walking down the road. It turned out they had pro- NAZI and other white supremacist tattoos.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-02-..._black-soldier
                  They lied to me...Thanks alot MEPS. Between you and my recruiter you probably could've convinced me that the world is still flat.

Comment

Don't do it, just wait. I waited for mine after basic. I got my other 3 days before I (literally) got on the plane to Iraq and it was bugging the hell out of me for some reason. I took awesome care of it with A&D cream and such but it was just a pain. Don't do it.

Comment

I think I am going to wait. As much as I want it soon, I think I've decided it's best. Even though it would be healed before I leave, I'd rather not deal with MEPS. I talked to my recruiter and my RSP NCO and they both recommended to wait. Not that it would be a deal breaker but that it would probably be smart to wait. My RSP NCO told me I should wait to reward myself and aside from that, she says my wallet will be a lot fatter when I come back. Haha. Which I know it will. So it looks like I will wait. Thanks for all your input though!

Comment

Working...
                      X