Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deployment

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deployment

    Hi all, with the war drawing down in the next couple of years and combat operations ending in 2014, how is the Guard's deployment tempo? If I join this year and finish 11B OSUT early next year would I get a chance to go?

    The unit I would be going to has not been mobilized since 2010 which is when it returned from its last deployment and has not received any orders to mobilize... It seems that they do not stand a strong chance of going to Afghanistan again. It's not that I do not want to go, it's just I want to know if I would have to volunteer to go with another unit if I was allowed and wanted to go. Thanks.
    Last edited by wilhelm; July 28th, 2012, 09:32 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Deployment

    Deployments are like pregnancies. You can plan them, but they're still a surprise.

    Past performance is not indicative for future returns would be another addage.

    When you get back from training, start looking around for someone to volunteer with. It's still possible.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Deployment

      That is correct. There is no guarantee if or when a Soldier will get deployed. The person you'll want to speak with first is your Readiness NCO. They should have access to what units are on the list to deploy next. As Mongoose suggested, once you know what's out there, volunteer!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Deployment

        I just got swore in one month ago and I a finishing highschool this coming year. When I finish al my training where would I deploy or would I?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Deployment

          How likely would a unit be willing to release a new Soldier with another deploying unit. Also just say a unit in my state that is not mine is deploying and needs any MOS would I have to volunteer or would they just take me automatically? Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Deployment

            Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
            I just got swore in one month ago and I a finishing highschool this coming year. When I finish al my training where would I deploy or would I?
            Did you not just read this post a couple above you???

            Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
            Deployments are like pregnancies. You can plan them, but they're still a surprise.
            Past performance is not indicative for future returns would be another addage.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Deployment

              Originally posted by wilhelm View Post
              How likely would a unit be willing to release a new Soldier with another deploying unit. Also just say a unit in my state that is not mine is deploying and needs any MOS would I have to volunteer or would they just take me automatically? Thanks!
              That will depend on how much your unit needs your job specialty. Keep in mind, just because you're willing to volunteer for a deployment doesn't mean your unit has to release you. Talk to your Readiness NCO.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Deployment

                It is to hard to get any information from my readiness NCO. He is always busy or doesn't want to be bothered. Is there a website besides tour of duty that can tell me when deployments are coming up in the guard in all states? I have been in for 3 years and have been trying to get on a deployment and still have no luck and i can not get my conditional release to active duty because my battalion commander isn't signing any at this time.

                Comment

                Working...
                X