Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Active to Guard, switching reservations or cancelling contract questions..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active to Guard, switching reservations or cancelling contract questions..

Not sure if this is the right sub-category for this but it didn't seem like enlisted or prior-service would pertain to this.

Anyway. I am scheduled to ETS from active duty on 14OCT of this year and about a month and a half ago I made a reservation, contract, and swore in for a unit in my home state. The thing is since then I've developed some knee problems from my distance running and am not receiving good treatment from my medics and unit here. We just got back from deployment and they are sending all sports injuries to physical therapy which has a million people in the BDE going to every morning. I am taking terminal leave in less than a month and I dont see my knee getting any better in that time.

Anyways my question is can I possible switch my reservations from the unit I am going to now to another? The reason I would want to do this is because I am going to an Airborne Infantry unit and I really don't want to set myself up for failure as far as being on profile and all that goes along with sick call ranger. I have been in a leg infantry unit for the last 3 years and I'd rather not go to my new unit being broke.

If thats not possible can I just outright cancel my reservation and contract? I haven't started clearing yet and haven't been up to the NG retention NCO for a second time to get my papers stamped and all that jazz. I did swear in and sign all my stuff though.

Re: Active to Guard, switching reservations or cancelling contract questions..

Originally posted by Mastranios View Post
    can I just outright cancel my reservation and contract?
    What do you want to do?

Comment

I'm confident that the NG liaison at your post will find a new unit for you that fits your circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
        What do you want to do?
        Absolutely want to switch units.

Comment

Working...
        X