X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whyyy no belt?

Why doesn't the Army use a dress belt for their dress blue like the Color Guard. Or even the saucer hat? 1. I think it looks bad--- 2. Looks much more professional/military 3. Dumb reason, but I think it adds a more fit figure and puffed out chest look that could be more appealing to recruits, and "awesome" to people. I know the Corps uses the belt, I'm pretty sure the Air Force does, why doesn't the Army? Just curious.

Re: Whyyy no belt?

I've not seen a Color Guard "belt". What makes them different than the one issued for ASU's?

Comment

OP,

The ceremonial belt is worn with the Army Service Uniform on ceremonial occasions, with or without a saber. It is authorized, but not a required option for the ASU and is not a standard issue item. Whether or not it looks good is rather subjective, although the few times I've worn the Army Officer Saber, I thought it looked pretty sharp. (Pun intended)

Comment

IMO the belt should be required. Some of the ASU's are so poorly fitted on people I think it would at least make the uniform look less sloppy.

I saw a picture of one guy the other day who's jacket was so long it almost went to his knees...seriously? Who is fitting these people??

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
          OP,

The ceremonial belt is worn with the Army Service Uniform on ceremonial occasions, with or without a saber. It is authorized, but not a required option for the ASU and is not a standard issue item. Whether or not it looks good is rather subjective, although the few times I've worn the Army Officer Saber, I thought it looked pretty sharp. (Pun intended)
          This makes more sense. Now I understand what the OP was referring to. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Solrider View Post
            IMO the belt should be required. Some of the ASU's are so poorly fitted on people I think it would at least make the uniform look less sloppy.

I saw a picture of one guy the other day who's jacket was so long it almost went to his knees...seriously? Who is fitting these people??
            That is way I thought. I'm just a wannabe, but I know te "Cooler" look of the belt could be kind of a recruiting tool.

Comment

When I saw belt I was thinking about this Click image for larger version

Name:	4e3a0509030995aacd0c16db2e4c6014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	355

Comment

Working...
              X