X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick.

Throwing up, dizzy, and generalized feeling like garbage. I also have drill tomorrow. I would have notified my chain earlier in the day, but due to the sudden onset of symptoms, I was unable to. Since this is the first time I have had this issue, what do I do? (Already have a doctors appointment scheduled for Monday) Do I go to drill, or call tomorrow?

Re: Sick.

I don't know how it works in your state, but here in AZ I was told that if anything happened to show up anyway. They will take you ti urgent care, it will be on the Guard's dime and you will still get paid. If there is no way you can get yourself to drill in the morning to do that I highly recommend you text/call/email your recruiter now....otherwise you will be AWOL and in potential breach of your contract.

Fell better!

Comment

Originally posted by Solrider View Post
      I highly recommend you text/call/email your recruiter now....otherwise you will be AWOL and in potential breach of your contract.

Fell better!
      Agreed. Notify your Chain of Command immediately. Let them decide what you should do. In my personal experience, I've never heard or seen of a Soldier being sent to Urgent Care for an illness that started prior to drill weekend. If you're too sick to attend drills, you'll likely be excused with a possible request for a doctors note when you return.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
        Agreed. Notify your Chain of Command immediately. Let them decide what you should do. In my personal experience, I've never heard or seen of a Soldier being sent to Urgent Care for an illness that started prior to drill weekend. If you're too sick to attend drills, you'll likely be excused with a possible request for a doctors note when you return.
        (The OP's drill is done and over, but this is good info anyway.)

This has been my experience. Show up first and if you're legitimately crappy and have a good history with your chain of command it shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          . Show up first and if you're legitimately crappy and have a good history with your chain of command it shouldn't be an issue.
          This is the best advice. Calling in tends to make you be questioned...even if you are really sick. It's nothing personal, just the nature of the beast. Every drill weekend you'd never believe the number of people trying to call in sick, especially at the RSP.

Comment

I showed up, looked pale and tired, did my green/blue phase ait ship paperwork and went home with pay. Kind of felt a little silly when I was feeling better that Sunday. They didn't request a doctor's note, however that was probably attributed to trusting me considering I have never been sick the year and a half I have been at RSP. They do frequently ask red/white phase warriors for doctor's notes though.

Comment

Working...
            X