Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I enlist in CA to join the Arizona national guard??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I enlist in CA to join the Arizona national guard??

I have requested a contract renegotiation and am now waiting for the results. My questions are...
    1. Can I request to be stationed in Arizona where I will be attending college or do I have to wait to transfer once I am back from AIT?
    2. If I am not guaranteed a proper contract am I bound to my previous contract or is that now void...And if void does that mean that I am no longer obligated to the guard??

All answers will be much appreciated.

Re: Can I enlist in CA to join the Arizona national guard??

Since you requested a renegotiation, it stands to reason that you are already enlisted in the CA guard so your initial question of "Can I enlist in CA to join the Arizona national guard??" doesn't really come into play because you already enlisted.

Now, you can request transfer before completing AIT however MANY states have a policy that they will not accept soldiers until they are MOS qualified.

In answer to your second question, you are absolutely bound to your first contract until another state accepts you, at which point you will sign a new one with them.

Comment

How would I be able to request the interstate tranfer while in AIT? I am trying to become an 88M instead of 68W to make it back in time for Spring2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkerg423 View Post
        How would I be able to request the interstate tranfer while in AIT? I am trying to become an 88M instead of 68W to make it back in time for Spring2013.
        Huh?? You're asking two different things. You can initiate the IST while you are at AIT, but that has nothing to do with changing your MOS. Chances are you will not be changing your MOS before leaving and possibly not even after you IST if they have your MOS at units near where you move.

Comment

Sorry, Im all over the place.
          I requested the contract renegotiation to change my MOS so that I would be shipped out earlier and return in time for college. This request has now been approved. I just recieved the call.

I am now asking how to initiate the interstate transfer while in AIT so that I can immediately move back to Arizona to get ready for school.

Comment

Sorry, Im all over the place.
            I requested the contract renegotiation to change my MOS so that I would be shipped out earlier and return in time for college. This request has now been approved. I just recieved the call.

I am now asking how to initiate the interstate transfer while in AIT so that I can immediately move back to Arizona to get ready for school.
            Good thing you're not artillery!

You may need to coordinate with the IST Coordinator of both states. Hopefully your Readiness NCO will have the contact information.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
              Good thing you're not artillery!

You may need to coordinate with the IST Coordinator of both states. Hopefully your Readiness NCO will have the contact information.
              Should I contact them both now or should I wait until I am halfway through AIT?

Comment

Should I contact them both now or should I wait until I am halfway through AIT?
                I would imagine earlier is better than later. Based on what I have heard, ISTs often take a while because of snafus.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                  I would imagine earlier is better than later. Based on what I have heard, ISTs often take a while because of snafus.
                  OK thank you very much for the insight. I will contact them immediately.

Comment

Working...
                  X