Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need to do to get a conditional release?

I'm in the CAARNG and I kinda need a conditional release. I'm not MOS qual. though my MOS is 12b. I havent shipped to OSUT yet. The reason I need a conditional release to go active is because when I get back I wont have a place to stay and going Active just makes sense t do. Also what is the probability that it gets approved? I'll pretty much take ANY MOS now.

Re: What do I need to do to get a conditional release?

If you are within 90 of shipping attempting to be released is futile. The state is obligated to pay for your training thus you will not be getting released. But the form you need is a form 368. You need your commander to sign it. AKA go speak to your recruiter.

You should seriously consider the ROTC SMP program.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
      You should seriously consider the ROTC SMP program.
      How does the ROTC SMP program have anything to do with the OP's question? He doesn't mention he's even considering college.

Have you talked to an Active Army Recruiter?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
        How does the ROTC SMP program have anything to do with the OP's question? He doesn't mention he's even considering college.

Have you talked to an Active Army Recruiter?
        haha. It is like saying, "you need to run for office now"

Comment

Calm thyself Chaplain, I thought us Army boys had thick skins ;}. OP: why would you leave such a cherry gig as 12B? You guys get all the fun. If it is a money issue I know that if you search great security jobs.com there is a company in Cali that would be more than happy to help. Talk to your readiness NCO and RSP buddies. All us soldiers have personal lives to work around the military. There are resources to help you line up a job and housing before you ship, even if it is just advice and a finger in the right direction. My two cents are find an apartment you like and save money like crazy while training. When you get back, move into said apartment. Get a job asap so you can keep paying bills. I married at 18 and moved into an aprtment in Provo. My wife and I took any work we could to pay bills until something we preffered came along. I worked at a care center bathing and feeding mentally handicap adults. Not fun, but it paid the bills. Do what you need to do, but live with honor. I can understand id you want military as a full time career, but don't bail on the Guard because the journey will be difficult. Us Guard soldiers have to find a job around our service.

Comment

@Chaplain I've decided to stay in the Guard and get into SMP when I get back from OSUT also I'm just going to attempt to change my MOS to 56 M because I am interested in being a Chaplain or Infantry Officer. @Highwind where is a good place to look for security jobs of that nature? I just turned 18 so I'm trying to save ,save ,and save some more to move out.

Comment

Working...
            X