Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Police

Hello all,
    I am going to be enlisting fairly soon. I am looking to enlist as 31B Military Police. I am from California does any one know where in Cali. MPs head out to?

what are the common jobs that MPs do in Cali. or missions and deployments that may occur ?

I am interested in anti-drugs and fugitive apprehension...

Any info on California MPs would be helpful.

Best
    DnA

Re: Military Police

I am interested in anti-drugs and fugitive apprehension...
    Get a job with a police department....

Really, MP's really don't do any law enfrocement. Or if they do, it's only the very basic parts and the rest is left to MPI/CID or other specialty section.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      Get a job with a police department....

Really, MP's really don't do any law enfrocement. Or if they do, it's only the very basic parts and the rest is left to MPI/CID or other specialty section.
      +1

I'm going to have to agree with RedLeg. If you're looking for real police work, consider a civilian police department. Around the tri-state area, police officers are compensated far better than an active duty 31B.

If you're thinking of using a 31B as a feeder into law enforcement, I've noticed that most police departments that hire under a "competitive service" or "civil service" system don't care what MOS you have. For federal agencies that hire using the "excepted service" clause such as the FBI and Secret Service and look for a particular MOS, MP (excluding MPI/CID) usually isn't what they are looking for anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        +1

I'm going to have to agree with RedLeg. If you're looking for real police work, consider a civilian police department. Around the tri-state area, police officers are compensated far better than an active duty 31B.

If you're thinking of using a 31B as a feeder into law enforcement, I've noticed that most police departments that hire under a "competitive service" or "civil service" system don't care what MOS you have. For federal agencies that hire using the "excepted service" clause such as the FBI and Secret Service and look for a particular MOS, MP (excluding MPI/CID) usually isn't what they are looking for anyways.
        I had this exact train of thought when I wanted to get into law enforcement, and I was happy I chose a Field Artillery unit. There were about 5 or 6 Soldiers that were police officers in their civilian careers, and the unit was a nice networking portal to help potential applicants get into law enforcement. The service, regardless of MOS, is usually enough of a bonus to assist you in your endeavors.

Comment

Working...
        X