X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do california ng deploy ??

How often does the ca ng deploy? And is thier a way i can be active duty in the guard? I leave to bct at the end of aug and my mos is 74d

Re: How often do california ng deploy ??

The deployment tempo depends on the situation, locally, state-wide, and world-wide. There is no magic predictor of deployments, but expect to deploy at least once in your enlistment contract. There are Active Duty spots for Guard members, but they are not guaranteed and you just have to apply for them when they become available.

Comment

thanks! where to apply for active duty spots?? and if i do apply for it and if i get accepted then my pay rate changes? or how does it work

Comment

The only way I've heard of AGR postings is through my us.army.mil e-mail. They are usually sent out from a full-time Soldier at my unit. That's who I would ask if I were you.

From what I understand, you would receive the equivalent of active duty pay, and a basic allowance for housing (BAH) if you were accepted for an AGR job.

Comment

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/cahr/Pages/ArmyAGR.aspx

Note that you need to be an E4 or higher for nearly all active positions and sometimes require a specific MOS. And they are extremely competitive. Chances are slim to none if you are fairly new and don't know anyone.

Comment

Working...
          X