X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract question regarding G.I bill

A buddy of mine who is enlisted just told me he has to pay for college out of pocket because he got screwed out of his G.I bill. Supposedly he got a faulty contract, and they told him he can file to get out because he was screwed during enlistment by his recruiter. Hearing that got me a little nervous about my contract and who I'd talk to as far as making sure there won't be any surprises. Anyone else hear of anything similar to this??

Re: Contract question regarding G.I bill

I want to preface any comments by stating that you should really be very diligent on where you get your information from. There may be much more to the story than you know.

That being said, the best way to get the most out of your enlistment is to be informed and certain of what you want to do with your military career; especially of what your obligations will be.

There's tons of information here on the forums as well as on the National Guard website. I push it a lot, but it's a great resource for all the most commonly asked questions. Check it out: http://bit.ly/KiXcZo.

As far as the GI Bill, I"m not aware of any situations where a recruit wouldn't "get" the GI Bill for no reason. You'll have to be more specific.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

Comment

Working...
    X