Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASVAB completed!!

Hey all,

Wanted to share a little update with you all and ask a couple questions. I took my ASVAB this morning after having to be delayed a week due to my projection not being in the system at MEPS. I got an 85!! I'm so stoked for that score. I was a little nervous but the fact I got that high and have multiple MOS choices is really hard to not be excited about What I was curious about is some of the aviation jobs. I've been looking into 15B, 15H, 15R, and 15T spots that are currently open in my area. My recruiter is still finding out what slots are available still but these are what I have seen open so far. Anyone familiar with these jobs or have any recommendations for selecting which MOS? Eventually I would love to get into piloting. But since I either need to become an Officer or Warrant Officer, I wanted to get my foot in the door so-to-speak with the aviation career path. Just looking for some feedback if anyone has any. Thanks in advance!

Re: ASVAB completed!!

Congratulations on your ASVAB scores! You'll definitely have some good options to choose from. Keep in mind that it is your line scores that will determine what job specialties you qualify for. For example, for 15B you'll want to look at the MM line score and have a minimum of 104 to be eligible. Your recruiter will be able to tell you all about it.

Let us all know what you decide to pursue!

Comment

Thank you for the info. That shouldn't be too big of an issue though. Correct me if this is wrong but according to the job list my recruiter gave me 15B, 15H, and 15T require the MM line score of 104. Which mine is 120. 15R requires MM to be 99 and 15Y requires MM of 102 and EL of 98. My EL is 120 also. So I really shouldn't have an issue with these options if I am reading this correctly.

But thanks! It helps to have that in mind. I will be sure to post up once I know. Just waiting to hear what slots are open. I'm really excited. I want to leave soon too but I can't decide if I want to wait till after xmas. I didn't know about exodus until today so I would be able to come home over xmas to see my daughter. But originally I was going to leave in January. But now I am thinking that I might try to leave in late September since I can come home.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheelin4evr View Post
        Thank you for the info. That shouldn't be too big of an issue though. Correct me if this is wrong but according to the job list my recruiter gave me 15B, 15H, and 15T require the MM line score of 104. Which mine is 120. 15R requires MM to be 99 and 15Y requires MM of 102 and EL of 98. My EL is 120 also. So I really shouldn't have an issue with these options if I am reading this correctly.

But thanks! It helps to have that in mind. I will be sure to post up once I know. Just waiting to hear what slots are open. I'm really excited. I want to leave soon too but I can't decide if I want to wait till after xmas. I didn't know about exodus until today so I would be able to come home over xmas to see my daughter. But originally I was going to leave in January. But now I am thinking that I might try to leave in late September since I can come home.
        Great! Sounds like you're tracking! Keep talking with your recruiter about your ship out dates. If you have a choice, there's pros and cons to waiting and leaving sooner.

Good luck!

Comment

What would you say are the pros and cons? I'm pretty set on September or shortly after but I was just curious what some others opinions may be.

Comment

What I was referring to is that, for some Soldier's, taking a break, or exodus, in the middle of training makes going back that much harder. When you're there, it's like you're in the zone both mentally and physically. On the other hand, getting training started sooner means you'll be done quicker.

It's a personal choice of what would be harder for you .

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback. I can see how leaving and going back would make things difficult. Especially after already being gone for multiple weeks. But at the same time I'd rather knock it vs wait. It's a tough choice but everyone I know that is in the Army or Air Guard (including my dad) here in Utah say it's worth getting done right away.

Comment

I'm shipping to BCT at the end of September and when we were looking for dates my plan was that I didn't mind splitting AIT up a bit, but there was no way I wanted to split BCT. I was hoping to go a week later than I am so I could finish up BCT, fly home for exodus, and then go to AIT but I couldn't get that date. So now I'll finish up BCT and go to about a week at AIT before coming home for the exodus. Personally, I think if you have to do the split this is the way to go. I can't imagine going through 8 or 9 weeks of BCT only to have to leave and then come back....it must be like starting at Red Phase all over again!

Good luck!

Comment

When in September are you going to BCT? I don't want to split up BCT but I don't mind AIT. I completely agree that splitting up BCT would be an absolute horrible way to do it lol. I'll have to see what my recruiter says. Big reason I wanted to leave near the end of September is so I can be here for my birthday. I'd rather not spend that day getting yelled at lol. But if leaving over that day is what I need to do I might as well. I want to get it done. I almost wish I could leave tomorrow.

Comment

I leave Sept. 24th and am scheduled for the first day of BCT Oct. 1. My birthday is Oct 4 so I don't get to skip the day being yelled at, but what can you do? At least it will be memorable.

Comment

Well Now I don't feel so bad if I miss my birthday at home. Haha. Guess I'll just have to celebrate earlier if I leave before. It would definitely be a memorable experience and a birthday I will never forget!

Comment

Working...
                      X