Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paramedic wanting to enlist

Hey There,

Ive been intersted in joining the Army now for a couple of years. I want to become a 68w and then Flight Medic. As of now, i am currently an Paramedic. If anybody can let me know what training i have to go through and any other information would be great. Thank you!

Re: Paramedic wanting to enlist

I'm in a similar situation but I'm only going to be an EMT-B. From what I read paramedic qualifies for the ACASP program. I think (not positive) that anybody EMT-B or higher skips the first 6 weeks of AIT for 68W.

Comment

Originally posted by jklimasara View Post
      Hey There,

Ive been intersted in joining the Army now for a couple of years. I want to become a 68w and then Flight Medic. As of now, i am currently an Paramedic. If anybody can let me know what training i have to go through and any other information would be great. Thank you!
      The most basic answer is that you can expect to go to 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training: http://bit.ly/NgCuZK.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Fallon View Post
        I'm in a similar situation but I'm only going to be an EMT-B. From what I read paramedic qualifies for the ACASP program. I think (not positive) that anybody EMT-B or higher skips the first 6 weeks of AIT for 68W.
        Thats correct. You get fast-tracked past the first 6 weeks of AIT. You are looking at 10 weeks of BCT, 10 weeks of AIT. But be prepared for up to 2 weeks of reception before BCT and up to 4 weeks of reception before AIT. BCT reception is usually 8-10 days and AIT reception for most people is only a couple days. When I got to AIT I was in reception for 2 weeks. Some people were there for 3 weeks already before I got there.
        Last edited by jaydez; June 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydez View Post
          Thats correct. You get fast-tracked past the first 8 weeks of AIT. You are looking at 10 weeks of BCT, 10 weeks of AIT. But be prepared for up to 2 weeks of reception before BCT and up to 4 weeks of reception before AIT. BCT reception is usually 8-10 days and AIT reception for most people is only a couple days. When I got to AIT I was in reception for 2 weeks. Some people were there for 3 weeks already before I got there.
          According to the DA PAM 611-21, it's the first 6 weeks that a fast track applicant will by-pass. Be sure to verify with your recruiter.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
            According to the DA PAM 611-21, it's the first 6 weeks that a fast track applicant will by-pass. Be sure to verify with your recruiter.
            Yeah. my math was wrong. my bad. It's only 6 weeks you skip.

Comment

Working...
            X