X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical Drill Weekend

Hope to hear from some Pa guard, but anyone with insight, your contribution is appreciated.

What could an 11b or a 68w expect on a typical drill weekend. Is it always only one weekend a month, are there maybe 4 days a month and skip the next or something similar.

Would we be able to get range time , 2 days doesn't seem feasible for a PLT, let alone a Co. to shot let alone post range maintenance.

Does drill typically start Friday night, until Sunday night.

Please don't tell me its a weekend of police call, death by power point and a BBQ.

If it is i can deal, just kind of would like to know what to expect.

I can imigine what a two week rotation would be like, with out breaking OPSEC could someone touch on that as well?

Re: Typical Drill Weekend

Drills are normally just 2 days, but sometimes they will be friday night to sunday or even friday morning to sunday. You'll get to the range at least once a year (2 days gives you enough time, you actually may only spend one day on the range).

Comment

It depends on the state and Battalion you're in how much range time you get... The Infantry guys in the units I support shoot every drill weekend. IWQ, close quarters shooting, shooting on the move... They do it all throughout the year

Comment

Yeah...if you go the 68W route and end up in a med command or something, you may only see the range every 2 years. If you want range time, go with and inf unit.

Comment

'Preciate the responses, Sir, SFC.

Yea Im not so **** bent on getting to a range, Im motivated to get this 68w spot, if that were the case Im more interested in medic training then getting to a range. Besides Ill finally be back in the states and be able to go to a civillian range anytime i want!! LOL

Thanks again Gentlemen

Comment

If you are looking for 11B in PA, especially in the 111th with the strykers, most of the drills are at least MUTA 6. some longer, some shorter, and then a couple months off throughout the year due to the long drills. In terms of training though, they go hard.

Comment

Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
              If you are looking for 11B in PA, especially in the 111th with the strykers, most of the drills are at least MUTA 6. some longer, some shorter, and then a couple months off throughout the year due to the long drills. In terms of training though, they go hard.
              Ok, after a Google search I get the muta reference...lol 111th is Near Pittsburg isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by inquiring View Post
                Ok, after a Google search I get the muta reference...lol 111th is Near Pittsburg isnt it?
                Its all over. they have some in SE PA, some towards central PA, etc.. IDK about out west. I know they have a sister BN that is out that way, but that is all I really know about it

Comment

Alright I have a question what would a 44C or I believe it is now called a 36D be doing on a drill weekend?

Comment

Working...
                  X