X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is there a buddy system or not?

I have a friend that might join the National Guard with me, his dad was an MP. He asked if there was a buddy system and when I tried to look it up there was a lot of conflicting information. So as of right now is there or is there not a buddy system in the National Guard?

Re: So is there a buddy system or not?

I hope this thread doesn't fall into obscurity because one of FutureEngineer's pointless threads is always on top....

Comment

There is not a buddy system anymore. You and a friend can enlist together, but a recruiter can't guarantee that two people will go through training together.

Comment

Ok thank you sir.

Comment

If you do want to do training together, being in the same MOS and attending BCT at the same time will increase your odds. Be sure to ask, though! There's no guarantee, but at least your recruiter can look at your options.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
            If you do want to do training together, being in the same MOS and attending BCT at the same time will increase your odds. Be sure to ask, though! There's no guarantee, but at least your recruiter can look at your options.
            +1
            This is about the most you can do and hope you land the same ship date.

Comment

also, a large portion will have to do with your last name. I was split into plt by last name, and rarely saw the guys from the other plt's, short of going to church, or saying hey after final formation.

Comment

Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
                also, a large portion will have to do with your last name. I was split into plt by last name, and rarely saw the guys from the other plt's, short of going to church, or saying hey after final formation.
                +1 My platton was "T' through "Z" so regardless of who we enlisted with or even same MOS, contact was limited if ina different platoon.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBowyer View Post
                  I hope this thread doesn't fall into obscurity because one of FutureEngineer's pointless threads is always on top....
                  Wow...even someone new can see the nonsense going on

Comment

Ok, that helps a lot. I'm a "V" and he is a "W"

Comment

Working...
                    X