X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just put on dead mans profile need help

Ok here is my issue back in 08 I was discharged from Marine bootcamp for my heart. I tried going back they wouldn't take me so I tried army and they said no. So I went to guards and it took me 18 months to get my waiver signed. In Dec I started having issues again and during my PHA couple weeks ago I was put on temp profile till they figure out wrong. Well the Cpt I talked with during the PHA in the last phase said they never should have signed my waiver with this condition. So now I don't know what there going to do with me. I have been in a little over a yr now. Im worried if they discharge me out I'm going to lose all my benafits. Im not sure since they signed my waiver knowing about it if I will get any benafits. I'm just waiting to see what happens now.

Re: Just put on dead mans profile need help

I don't know if it would be fraud or not, but if you are in, and can somehow attribute it to service, you can probably get med-boarded out and get benefits still. Now, if they determine that it is a pre-existing condition, then by no means try to undermine the system or else you will end up with a heart problem and in jail. talk to your RNCO and see if he can get you the number to the state medical officer. I had to talk to him about a problem during my pha last year, and going straight through him will get you answers way faster then trying to go through all of the outside channels. Those guys are there to help you, but nobody ever thinks to go straight to the officers.

Comment

Re: Just put on dead mans profile need help

Originally posted by legionxxii View Post
      Ok here is my issue back in 08 I was discharged from Marine bootcamp for my heart. I tried going back they wouldn't take me so I tried army and they said no. So I went to guards and it took me 18 months to get my waiver signed. In Dec I started having issues again and during my PHA couple weeks ago I was put on temp profile till they figure out wrong. Well the Cpt I talked with during the PHA in the last phase said they never should have signed my waiver with this condition. So now I don't know what there going to do with me. I have been in a little over a yr now. Im worried if they discharge me out I'm going to lose all my benafits. Im not sure since they signed my waiver knowing about it if I will get any benafits. I'm just waiting to see what happens now.

Without all the information about the exact scope and nature of this issue it is difficult to speak definitively to all parts of this question. However, lets clear a few things up.

1. There is no fraudulent enlistment here. When you entered Guard service you not only disclosed your cardiovascular condition, the medical waiver process was used to determine the suitability of your potential future service. So, that is a moot point.

2. You started having issues again, (if I was to guess you suffer from superventricular tachycardia or some other tachydysrythmia which is normally a disqualifier but can be waived if you had a 2 year period where you DIDN'T experience SVT) and didn't say anything to "the Guard" until you had your most recent PHA.

3. The PA or Doc who you had your PHA with stated, "They shouldn't have signed off on your waiver with this condition". That is an off the cuff opinion statement. SOME medical officers are very familiar with AR 40-501 (Standards of medical fitness) and the waiver process, while many are not. His or her insinuation that your waiver shouldn't have been approved is based only on situational human frustration, and with the advantage of hindsight (i.e. you NOW have a reoccurance of a problem that was considered likely NOT to reoccur.)

4. The clinician at the PHA put you on a 90 Day Temp profile. The profile is really inconsequential to your bigger question here. You are really concerned with "What are they doing to do with me?"

It's hard to say not knowing the exact situation, but I can say pretty definitively this is NOT a service connected condition. (I mention that in reference to potential VA benefits)

The MEB (Medical Evaluation Board) process is initiated by your state Medcom when you have physical or mental health problems that are incompatible with military duty or keep you from deployment for over a year. This process is historically slow (1 - 1.5 years) and the outcome really depends on your condition, if it is correctable (for example a ablation for Wolf Parkinson's White) and if you can subsequently perform military duty.

The answer here could be as varied as 1. Nothing. 2. Permenant Profile. 3. MEB/PEB Board which finds you suitable for military service. 4. MEB/PEB Board finds you not suitable for military service without a service related condition and you are discharged. (Much like your Marine prior service situation.)
      Last edited by Mongoose772; May 6th, 2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X