X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a friend...

Hey guys, I have a friend who is currently a split op waiting for his AIT ship date that has been diagnosed with tarsal coalition, the doctor wants my friend to undergo fusion surgery in the near future, the hospital my friend's doctor has privileges at won't be able to schedule the surgery until after November and my friend will be back from AIT by then, will my friend be kicked out of the Guard for it?

Re: I have a friend...

If I may point out something and that is ...................NO ONE ON THE INTERNET HAS " A FRIEND " because it is usually just them!

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
      If I may point out something and that is ...................NO ONE ON THE INTERNET HAS " A FRIEND " because it is usually just them!
      +1...........

Comment

+ 1 BILLION.

Sometimes they get creative and say their cousin though.

Comment

I hope you get your answer but I just wanted to say thanks for admitting it's you lol. You're ALREADY anonymous on here (minus from the Mods but we wouldn't divulge any information at all. Not even to your chain of command without consent from the Admin.)

Comment

Thank you captain obvious lol!

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
              Thank you captain obvious lol!
              Glad to be of help good citizen!

Comment

Originally posted by dva5222 View Post
                Hey guys, I have a friend who is currently a split op waiting for his AIT ship date that has been diagnosed with tarsal coalition, the doctor wants my friend to undergo fusion surgery in the near future, the hospital my friend's doctor has privileges at won't be able to schedule the surgery until after November and my friend will be back from AIT by then, will my friend be kicked out of the Guard for it?
                Based on your comment, your friend has already completed Basic, correct? If so, did his condition affect his capability to perform the physical portion of training? In other words, will he be able to attend AIT before the surgery? More importantly, will your friend be able to continue once the corrective surgery is complete? Having surgery to fix a problem is not an automatic discharge. However, he should be prepared for a postponement in training if the injury is severe. He may need to undergo a medical review and should document all his doctor visits, and have his diagnosis and prognosis in writing.

Ultimately, he needs to work closely with Readiness NCO and/or RSP cadre as medical issues can require a lot of documentation.

Comment

My friend's condition did not affect his ability to complete the physical portion of training, the condition was found by a routine podiatrist xray of the foot, visit precipitated by pain while running distances greater than 2 miles.

Comment

Working...
                  X