X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drill with an infantry unit

Yes easily packed into one's ruck or assault pack. About the size of a loaf of bread, but a little thicker. Has roomy sleeping area, and another space for your equipment, poncho, zippered door with a built in mesh bug net. I set mine up in the basement before. Kids loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      Yes easily packed into one's ruck or assault pack. About the size of a loaf of bread, but a little thicker. Has roomy sleeping area, and another space for your equipment, poncho, zippered door with a built in mesh bug net. I set mine up in the basement before. Kids loved it.
      lol I would love to know what tent your talking about because I have never seen such a thing. I usually have to make a tent outta ponchos

Comment

whats a tent? whats a poncho? a hooch? isnt that a kind of dog? I throw a sleeping bag on the ground, roll up my fleece for a pillow, and climb in it. thats as close to tents as we get

Comment

Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
          whats a tent? whats a poncho? a hooch? isnt that a kind of dog? I throw a sleeping bag on the ground, roll up my fleece for a pillow, and climb in it. thats as close to tents as we get
          Somebody made a comment this weekend: my unit considers garrison conditions the same way other units consider the field. I don't think I even have a poncho...

Comment

Originally posted by Signalguy205 View Post
            Hello all, first my name on here is wrong and I am gonna be Infantry ...when I first got here I was gonna be Signal but my Mos was changed because I felt better doin what I liked versus what my scores said.

But anyway..can anyone here that's Infantry tell me what its like at drill...
            Expect it to be a whole lot more of political incorrectness compared to a co-ed unit.

For example, a CBRN NCO comes to teach NBC related material and procedures:
            *You can tell he has been teaching co-ed units recently ...
            "... I hope you're not offended... "
            "We're definite not offended. (Insert politically incorrect joke.)"
            *Class continues...
            "... Imagine this blister from X chemical as a giant saggy ***** on your back..."

A range encounter:
            *Soldiers walk over berms to set up naked manikins for shotgun while feeling up the manikins.
            *Female soldier walks up opposite side of berm after policing brass.
            E7 NCOIC of range... "...Oh...this is not good..."
            Last edited by Polo08816; April 16th, 2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdad3406 View Post
              lol I would love to know what tent your talking about because I have never seen such a thing. I usually have to make a tent outta ponchos
              I think the proper name is Improved Combat Tent? It's in ACU pattern, comes with those poles with the rope built in. Comparable to modern civilian tents. One of the best equipment upgrades ever. Shelter halfs and wooden poles are so yesterday.
              Last edited by SteveLord; April 16th, 2012, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                *Class continues...
                "... Imagine this blister from X chemical as a giant saggy ***** on your back..."

A range encounter:
                *Soldiers walk over berms to set up naked manikins for shotgun while feeling up the manikins.
                *Female soldier walks up opposite side of berm after policing brass.
                E7 NCOIC of range... "...Oh...this is not good..."
                LT speaks truth. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
                  LT speaks truth. hahaha
                  Indeed. Making me miss my infantry time in Jersey.

Comment

Working...
                  X