X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drill with an infantry unit

Hello all, first my name on here is wrong and I am gonna be Infantry ...when I first got here I was gonna be Signal but my Mos was changed because I felt better doin what I liked versus what my scores said.

But anyway..can anyone here that's Infantry tell me what its like at drill...

Re: drill with an infantry unit

Could be a variety of things. That's the beauty of being infantry.

-Patrols foot/vehicle
    -Medical evacuation procedures
    -Urban operation training
    -Rifle marksmanship exercises
    -Setting up listening posts/observation posts
    -Land navigation
    -Conducting checkpoints and vehicle inspections

Comment

Sounds good. Is it tougher in infantry units as a new guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Signalguy205 View Post
        Sounds good. Is it tougher in infantry units as a new guy?
        As long as you're motivated and don't whine about the ****, there is nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          As long as you're motivated and don't whine about the ****, there is nothing to worry about.
          What are the things you prefer to see in new Grunts to a unit out of OSUT?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureEngineer View Post
            ?????????? You must be half-asleep.

Comment

The same as all new Soldiers. They should be able to keep their mouth shut and ears open. They should essentially be sponges, soaking up everything they can from their NCO's. They should not try to offer their input on topics that they don't have experience in, unless their NCO specifically asks for their opinion. They should always show up early, dont complain when they have to stay late, and always ensure their personal appearance meets the standards.

Comment

Be in the right place at the right time in the right uniform with the right attitude. Also, make sure you pass your PT test, ESPECIALLY the first one after coming back from AIT. As my units PT NCOIC I unleash my wrath on those who fail after being back just a month after OSUT.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                  Be in the right place at the right time in the right uniform with the right attitude. Also, make sure you pass your PT test, ESPECIALLY the first one after coming back from AIT. As my units PT NCOIC I unleash my wrath on those who fail after being back just a month after OSUT.
                  How do you become the PT NCOIC?

How often do Soldiers fresh from OSUT fail their APFTs?

Comment

Focus on the 5 meter target, man. Becoming the PT NCOIC involves knowing your stuff when it comes to the 21-20, and bugging your unit about getting into the position. This is pretty much the case for the Admin slot or the training slot as well. The main thing, however, is in order to be an NCOIC, you've got to be at least an NCO. Get started, form good habits, and keep up on it. Restarting is a pain in the rear, and while folks can do it, it's a harder road then just keeping up on it.

As for how often it happens, who knows? And more importantly, if you're not that soldier, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Moore View Post
                      Focus on the 5 meter target, man. Becoming the PT NCOIC involves knowing your stuff when it comes to the 21-20, and bugging your unit about getting into the position. This is pretty much the case for the Admin slot or the training slot as well. The main thing, however, is in order to be an NCOIC, you've got to be at least an NCO. Get started, form good habits, and keep up on it. Restarting is a pain in the rear, and while folks can do it, it's a harder road then just keeping up on it.

As for how often it happens, who knows? And more importantly, if you're not that soldier, who cares?
                      Good point

Comment

Thanks FutureEngineer for the clarification because that was my next question. Thanks also to those who answered because I wanted to know what I was getting into when i do the battle hand off in a few months.

Comment

i hope you like sleeping out in the woods. as infantry, you will most likely be doing a lot of it. I think in the last 7 drills we have slept out 4 times, including this last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
                            i hope you like sleeping out in the woods. as infantry, you will most likely be doing a lot of it. I think in the last 7 drills we have slept out 4 times, including this last weekend.
                            It's a lot more comfortable with the army's latest issued tents though. World of difference outside.

Comment

How do Infantry work with tents? Are they small enough to pack up? (How small are we talking? lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X