X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Question

This spring has been destroying me physically with my allergies. I've been having difficulty breathing whenever I exert myself even minimally. I also have an allergy to cats, and I live in a cat-friendly environment. This has lead to decreased APFT scores, and I'm worried that if I go to a doctor and get prescribed an inhaler or something, that I'll be risking my military career. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would that be the case?

Re: Medical Question

Pure Opinion: I don't think being prescribed an inhaler will do you in. You are not the first to get one while currently serving. Some get them while/after doing a tour overseas. The issue will be your PT tests. You need to show that you can pass them, inhaler or not. I would recommend talking to your chain of command about your situation. Perhaps if you can show that the inhaler is to get you through allergy season and you are able to pass PT, you'll be fine.

Being a PT failure gives the military plenty of ammunition to do the worst to you and makes anything you say, hold far less weight.
    Last edited by SteveLord; April 9th, 2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X