X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discharge question

Ok so this is a very literal question and you'l probably think im trolling but i swear im not. For the past week i have been terrorized by these 3 individuals. it started out as mouthing me then yesterday one decided to urinate on the hood of my truck for really no apparent reason.(Im a junior in high school)Now they are proceeding to threaten to "jump" me. Im not afraid to fight but i dont know if it will get me discharged. so my question is will me fighting in school lead to me getting discharged? any help will greatly appreciated. thank you.

Re: Discharge question

1. It probably won't get you discharged. Though if you are arrested for it you will most likely face some disciplinary action. 2. Why not get the authorities involved?

Comment

the thing is i live in a small town in oklahoma. the authorities will not do anything to the sports team and the school isn't doing anything so it really just leaves it up to me. i wont mind disciplinary action but i really don't want to be discharged. iv'e asked my recruiter but he has yet to reply so i really don't know what to do.

Comment

Talk to you chain of command.

Comment

Do what you have to do. I seriously doubt your COC will be upset if you are defending yourself against three individuals who jumped you. That certainly doesn't give you a free ticket to preemptively assault them. If you want to be proactive about it, get the authorities involved beforehand.

Comment

If there are legal actions against you, it could affect you being in the guard. Also, if you get kicked out of school, that will also affect you being in the guard.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
              If there are legal actions against you, it could affect you being in the guard. Also, if you get kicked out of school, that will also affect you being in the guard.
              After re-reading the OP, I'm with RSP NCO. I don't think you can be discharged unless you are in the guard already, which makes the title of this thread somewhat of a misnomer. Your best bet is to keep your nose clean.

Comment

thank you all for this help. my recruiter answered and said i would be ok just dont get hurt, also i went and talked the schools principle and told them that its escalating quickly. if its not resolved then people will very likely get hurt and they suspended the main guy but his friends are still here. i dont know if they will keep the immaturity up but i know i can handle myself now. Thank you all for your help on this issue.

Comment

I would go talk with the Chaplain. You do not want to go down the road of violence. Do not sacrifice your Army future for something trivial. If you get arrested it could stay on your record for the rest of your life. We are talking about your military career here, an arrest could be a reason to revoke your security clearance, and thereby diminished your future in the Army. Think you may want to go do ROTC and become an officer, to do that you need a secret clearance, and a recent conviction will probably stop you from doing such. Which in turn could diminish your future chances to work for the Federal or State government. I bet we have all felt like socking someone in the mouth and perhaps justifiably so, but think of all those attorney fees, restitution for damages, probation, a violent criminal record, all of which are not conducive for you to live the type of life you were designed for. Sometimes you just have to draw upon your military training and show yourself as the professional soldier you have become. Don't let them steal your future brother. Go Thunderbirds, Always Forward!

**I probably know your Chaplain good people out there in the 45th IBCT.

Comment

Thank you Chaplain, i very well do intend to go to the ROTC. and im trying very hard to not involve myself.drill weekend is coming up the 14th so i think i can relieve some stress there, plus i ship may 29th and i do not want to get injured and not be able to ship. something that puts me uneasy though he keeps sending these threats over facebook. i think ill keep my guard up until stuff dies down. again thank you all for your help.

Comment

Or it could be approached from a different perspective. You have sworn an oath by the raising of your hand to obey the Constitution. And a fight with three stupid kids will sully the oath you made to the glorious State of Oklahoma. Your duty by the oath you swore is to refrain from a confrontation. It is absolutely imperative that you not fight these kids, you are above all a soldier. It is your responsibility to be professional even when you'd rather not.

Deactivate Facebook for this season. Keep your focus on your job as a soldier. Take care brother, you are an American Soldier, you live the Army values.

That's a good idea do not provoke the issue. UCO is a good ROTC program, though the program at OSU is the best in the state.
                      Last edited by Chaplain4me; April 4th, 2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

thank you chaplain. i will keep that in mind. in all honesty im a non-confrontational person. id rather not fight. i will do everything in my power to not fight.

Comment

If they are threatening you over Facebook then you have all the proof you need to involve the authorities (either at school or the law). With all the recent school violence, authorities that don't look into stuff like this end up in a world of hurt if something bad actually does happen and they did nothing to stop it.

Comment

Ok, I'm not trying to make light of your situation, but this did make me laugh. Umm...why would there ever be a reason for someone to urinate on the hood of your truck?

Originally posted by the jones kid View Post
                            one decided to urinate on the hood of my truck for really no apparent reason.
                            I'ts not as if someone would say, "Yeah, he urinated on the hood of my truck, but he had a really good reason so I'm not upset about it"

Comment

Honestly i really have no clue. it was out of no where and aperently he had a buddy take a picture of him doing so and it spread through the school. it even spread to the principle. its like he thought " i dont like that kid. i think im gonna pee on his truck!" i mean who does that?

Comment

Working...
                              X