X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from NG to RA for officers

I finished OCS this past Feb and now waiting to go to IBOLC. I'm interested in switching to active duty for several reasons (money, job, career) I keep getting different answers on how to persue that. I was told to contact an army recruiter and find a slot for my branch then get a conditional release from my CO. when I contacted the recruiters they said they don't work with officers and I need to get intouch with my branch manager. I tried calling the infantry branch manager and they routed me back to the recruiter because they don't work with officers from the national guard they only work with active duty officers.
    any ideas or insights are much appreciated.

Re: Going from NG to RA for officers

You're stuck as an NG officer. Enjoy yourself.

The CAD program can be found on the HRC site and will pretty much tell you the same thing.

Comment

Re: Going from NG to RA for officers

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      You're stuck as an NG officer. Enjoy yourself.

The CAD program can be found on the HRC site and will pretty much tell you the same thing.
      Exactly. I pretty much said the same thing as a response to your PM.

There is a CAD program but, if i remember correctly, it requires you to have attended a CCC (resident) and have a degree/experience in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, math, etc.) related field.

Comment

Working...
      X