Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't hide the issue (didn't tell MEPS)

So here's the issue, I don not have epilepsy but take an anticonvulsant medicine for preventative reasons (I had a couple seizures when I was younger) did not mention this when I enlisted as per my recruiters instruction... Now I am seeing my Neurologist to get a waiver and describe why exactly I take the meds. I guess my question is how serious can I be punished? I've been in the Guard for two months and the guilt has gotten the best of me. I don't want to put fellow soldiers at risk if I go without taking my meds. I want to be honest and if they allow me to stay GREAT! If not, I'd rather bring this situation to light before something terrible happens.

Any advice would be great

Re: Can't hide the issue (didn't tell MEPS)

When you bring this up, you will probably be discharged if this is something that would have kept you from joining. You will most likely not get a waiver after the fact. The time for waivers was before you joined.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
      When you bring this up, you will probably be discharged if this is something that would have kept you from joining. You will most likely not get a waiver after the fact. The time for waivers was before you joined.
      Thank you for the response, this is what I expected to hear. It's disappointing to have the unfortunate situation of being some what deceived. I will admit I should have tried for the waiver prior, however I was assured by my recruiter we could sneak my meds into BCT by having them mailed to me. I was naive and hope serious legal action isn't taken against me.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLaF8 View Post
        however I was assured by my recruiter we could sneak my meds into BCT by having them mailed to me. I was naive and hope serious legal action isn't taken against me.
        I really hope you are kidding about that.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	92ec5e6d610669dfbbaf6fdac108f6c6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	335

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLaF8 View Post
          Thank you for the response, this is what I expected to hear. It's disappointing to have the unfortunate situation of being some what deceived. I will admit I should have tried for the waiver prior, however I was assured by my recruiter we could sneak my meds into BCT by having them mailed to me. I was naive and hope serious legal action isn't taken against me.
          Possible troll post?

Comment

Working...
          X