X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

I enlisted in the Guard last week and am scheduled to have my first RSP drill this weekend and also ship to basic on April 9th. It took approximately 4 months to get to this point and I had to have a waiver for dependents as well due to my discharge from active duty Navy in 2004. My recruiter called me today and said that a major problem came up on my FBI background check for arrest which he said were not disclosed prior to me swearing in. I double checked my path to honor paper work and sure enough they are listed but for some reason he is saying that they were not disclosed. I am pretty sure he dropped the ball here and did not include all information in my packet. I really want to report and serve as scheduled per my contract but am in the delima that he has told me not to report for drill and I am most likely recieving an admin sep due to fraduelent enlistment. I had a honorable disharge from my prior service and was very proud to have the opportunity to serve again but it makes me sick to my stomach to think that I will not get that chance after getting so close and my discharge will now be a general discharge. Sorry for being so long here but does anyone have any advice as to what I could do? He said they have 72 hours in which to get to the bottom of it and it appears as though he has his mind made up as of right now. I do not want to escalate this because I think he worked hard to get me G2G but I also do not want to be discharged when I believe I have done what I should have and this is not my fault.

Re: Help needed

Originally posted by Bigmo6967 View Post
    I enlisted in the Guard last week and am scheduled to have my first RSP drill this weekend and also ship to basic on April 9th. It took approximately 4 months to get to this point and I had to have a waiver for dependents as well due to my discharge from active duty Navy in 2004. My recruiter called me today and said that a major problem came up on my FBI background check for arrest which he said were not disclosed prior to me swearing in. I double checked my path to honor paper work and sure enough they are listed but for some reason he is saying that they were not disclosed. I am pretty sure he dropped the ball here and did not include all information in my packet. I really want to report and serve as scheduled per my contract but am in the delima that he has told me not to report for drill and I am most likely recieving an admin sep due to fraduelent enlistment. I had a honorable disharge from my prior service and was very proud to have the opportunity to serve again but it makes me sick to my stomach to think that I will not get that chance after getting so close and my discharge will now be a general discharge. Sorry for being so long here but does anyone have any advice as to what I could do? He said they have 72 hours in which to get to the bottom of it and it appears as though he has his mind made up as of right now. I do not want to escalate this because I think he worked hard to get me G2G but I also do not want to be discharged when I believe I have done what I should have and this is not my fault.
    Forget about path to honor. What did you disclose at MEPS when the civilian was jumping up and down giving you the speach about telling the truth? What did you disclose on the security clearance forms?...thats where it matters.

Comment

Re: Help needed

In the interview at the end of meps the civilian asked if there was any information which i have not disclosed and of course the answer is no. I disclosed all my involvement with law enforcement and I believe that it was left out of my packet by mistake perhaps. I do not know why it is being said that the information was not disclosed when I obviously included it from the beginning in my initial communications with my recruiter. I do not get to review all of the information my recruiter provides to the guidance counselers at MEPS or the civilians there working on my backgroud. I surely did not give false information to obtain an enlistment but instead I believe that either through a mistake or negligence information was left out that upon review will impact my enlistment. I was told earlier in the day that if I would have disclosed that info it would have been no problem but the fact that it was not disclosed is the problem. Now if I can prove that the information was given by me but not passed on by my recruiter(left out) do I have a leg to stand on? I am not prepared to give up my goals because someone else made an error, which by reading, seems to be a seemingly more common occurence throughout the service as we get further away from the disciplined force we use to have.

Comment

Working...
      X