Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the NG, is Language School required for 35M HUMINT Collector?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the NG, is Language School required for 35M HUMINT Collector?

I'm in Washington State and my recruiter tells me that in order to contract 35M in the WA ARNG, you need to go to language school. Is anyone familiar with the policies in Washington State as far as contracting 35M goes?

I want to go to college after I get back from AIT and start drilling with my unit, but I'm hesitant to try for 35M if I'll have to spend an additional year or more away and postpone my college plans because I'm required to attend language school.

Anyone familiar with this policy?

Re: In the NG, is Language School required for 35M HUMINT Collector?

I would look at a year of language school as an ADDITION to my college career.

- I think you can get college credit for learning a language

If you ever consider working for a defense contractor, the CIA or NSA, those HUMMINT skills can translate into upper six figure salaries. (hehe - translate - I made a pun!)

Anyway, if you learn a language like Mandarin Chinese and go for a business degree, corporations can have SEVEN figure salaries ready for you.

Something to think about.

Comment

Yes Language is a requirement for 35M. There was a time when they waived that but unless there is another change plan on going to DLI, unless you fail the DLAB.

Comment

Yeah, spending up to a year at DLI learning a foreign language instead of going to college is a bad idea. ARE YOU NUTS???? Where else can you get an AA in one year?

http://www.dliflc.edu/aadegreeprogram2.html

DLI and your clearance will not just open doors, it will blow them open!

Comment

Working...
        X