Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much prior notice is needed for National Guard drill weekends?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much prior notice is needed for National Guard drill weekends?

Additionally, can they make someone drill Friday Saturday and Sunday on 1 day notice?

I just received a memo of drill for this weekend on Wednesday this week. They want me to report Thursday night and Drill from Friday morning until Sunday night. I recently (in October 2011) got off of 10 years active duty and have no feel for the unit or the Guard. I haven't gotten a drill memo, email or phone call from my unit for the past 2 months and have only drilled twice with the unit. I've emailed and called many times to no avail.

I have a mid term exam Thursday night and will not get out until 2220. They expect me to drive 2.5 hours (150 miles) and be ready to drill the next morning.

I would appriciate the AR that could make any of my issues clear. Sorry if this has already been answered, but I looked and could not find it. Thank you in advance.......
    Last edited by jimreghi; March 1st, 2012, 02:51 PM.

Re: How much prior notice is needed for National Guard drill weekends?

Okay, situation resolved. After repeated attempts at contact I got a hold and squared the situation away. Still, I would like to know where the guidlines on this are kept.

Comment

Re: How much prior notice is needed for National Guard drill weekends?

On my Monthly IDT "Drill" Letters, I make sure there is at the least the next 90 days of event dates and the AT dates or anything that could be important. We also make sure that at the formation that the next months date is put out. With you being new, you might have been a late add to the email roster. But you should also have a section that should keep you somewhat informed as well. Communication is a much needed item that NG unit need to work on with their soldiers, I hate to admit.

Comment

Working...
      X