X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlisted or ROTC

I know there are a lot of threads that talk about ROTC and OCS but when I go through them I don't seem to find the answer that I'm looking for. Right now I'm starting off as a PV2 in NG but I'm still going through school. I'm making a career out of the Army and I want to stick enlistment out as much as I can. If I were to enter to ROTC would I be able to stay enlisted and move up the ranks or will I become a commissioned officer after graduation traditionally?

Re: Enlisted or ROTC

If you want to stay enlisted, then why join ROTC?

Comment

This question has already been answered: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...C-right-for-me

The answer is the same: If you finish ROTC, you will commission as a 2LT in the Army, Army National Guard, or Army Reserves.

Comment

You can get a Minor in Military Science.

A friend of mine back from high school got his degree in Romance Languages and a Minor in Military Science because he just did the first and second year courses of ROTC. You don't have to become an Officer after ROTC, you just can't do the Junior and Senior years because those are the years what you learn becomes sensitive to the Army. He has classmates from his grad class who had Minors in Navel Military Sciences (Can't remember exact phrasing of what she said it was, but it was from doing NROTC, and her Fiance had a Minors towards NROTC-MCP, the wording was odd) and Aerospace Studies (AFROTC).

As long as you don't do the last two years of ROTC, you can stay Enlisted. He had a lot of guys in his ROTC Classes that were "Green to Gold" and "Simeltanius Membership Program" Soldiers. Some of them completed ROTC, and didn't commission at all, they just got the Minor on their Bachelors Degrees. You can also dual minor in Military Science and Aerospace Studies (both Army ROTC and Air Force ROTC) at the same time.

When I went to my friends graduation ceremony, they announced the degree Majors and Minors, and gave out booklets that listed what each person got. You just can't do the Junior and Senior Level ROTC but you can take their classes that are 100 and 200 level.

Comment

Working...
        X