X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wear of Medals

I know a lot of people in the guard, and I can't understand why they don't wear their medals on their ASUs. I know for sure they all have at least the National Defense Service Medal, and some even have been on deployments and should have, at the very least, a Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal. Is it not cool to wear them or something?

Re: The Wear of Medals

Most people choose to wear the ribbons.

Comment

So one can only wear either ribbons or medals at one time, not mix and match or both?

Comment

Soldiers, read AR 670-1 and you will find your answers in there.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          Soldiers, read AR 670-1 and you will find your answers in there.
          On a side note, don't you find it mildly amusing when people make up rules and cite AR 670-1.

Person X: "Hey! That's not authorized."
          Person Y: "Says who?"
          Person X: "AR 670-1"
          Person Y: "Where in AR 670-1 does it say it's not authorized?"
          Person X: "I don't remember."
          Person Y: "Well, if you're going to cite AR 670-1 as your reference you should have it on your person if you can't tell me where exactly it says so in AR 670-1 from memory."

... or a less polite version of the bold quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
            On a side note, don't you find it mildly amusing when people make up rules and cite AR 670-1.

Person Y: "Well, if you're going to cite AR 670-1 as your reference you should have it on your person if you can't tell me where exactly it says so in AR 670-1 from memory."

lol...ever since I was a young soldier there were certain sections of the 670-1 that I would make sure I knew so that I could quote and reference when people challenged me on things.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post

LT, thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Thank you all for your assistance. One more question: I'm going back up to MEPS this week to finalize my MOS as 31B and get a secret security clearance, and I'll be shipping for OSUT soon and returning to my new MP Co in August. My unit is going to be deploying to Egypt sometime next year, and I'm trying to figure out if I'll get danger pay and a wartime service SSI on that deployment. I know it is designated by the DoD as a base of anti-terrorism operations but I don't know if it's part of Operation Enduring Freedom.

I went to http://aoprals.state.gov/Web920/loca...untryCode=1154 to figure out danger pay for Egypt but I can't make heads or tails of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Indigo View Post
                  Thank you all for your assistance. One more question: I'm going back up to MEPS this week to finalize my MOS as 31B and get a secret security clearance, and I'll be shipping for OSUT soon and returning to my new MP Co in August. My unit is going to be deploying to Egypt sometime next year, and I'm trying to figure out if I'll get danger pay and a wartime service SSI on that deployment. I know it is designated by the DoD as a base of anti-terrorism operations but I don't know if it's part of Operation Enduring Freedom.

I went to http://aoprals.state.gov/Web920/loca...untryCode=1154 to figure out danger pay for Egypt but I can't make heads or tails of it.
                  Egypt is not a combat zone deployment. More in line with a Bosnia deployment. Afghanistan and Kuwait (I think they are ceasing combat pay for that one) are the known combat zones at this time.
                  Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; February 28th, 2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Indigo View Post

It is not OEF, so no FWTS-SSI. But you'll get a cool NATO orange beret. Have fun at the beach.

Comment

If you are going for what I think you are going for, you'll be sitting in a hotel in civvies. Overseas Training Ribbon at most. I've been drunk in Tijuana longer than you'll be there...

Comment

Working...
                      X