Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scared to death of joining but I know it'll be so good for me?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared to death of joining but I know it'll be so good for me?

I recently took the ASVAB and failed and am looking to re-take it again in a few weeks (and hopefully) pass this time around. I cant even begin to describe how scared I am though - of Drill Sargents yelling at me, of being away from my parents for so long, etc. I'm terrified but I know how good it'll be for me in the long run. Most importantly though, I'm terrified of getting killed. I'm hoping that if my ASVAB scores are good enough (if I pass this time), that I can do 'Adminstrative'. That doesn't require me to be out in the field does it? (besides Basic Training). Does everyone get along (this isn't like high school right, where everyone's mean to you for no reason?) Any advice you can give me? I'm scared to death!!! Thanks so much in advance!

Re: Scared to death of joining but I know it'll be so good for me?

I don't think I will ever understand what is so appealing about trolling internet forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
      I don't think I will ever understand what is so appealing about trolling internet forums.
      Yes, the post draws snickers. Especially with the incorrect spelling of Florida. OP, it is normal to have fears but with the amount of anxieties that you have listed; perhaps you should seek service in the Air Force or Navy when your scores improve.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        perhaps you should seek service in the Air Force or Navy when your scores improve.
        That's some good stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X