Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those who returned from BCT: Did you GET BAH?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those who returned from BCT: Did you GET BAH?

I'm wondering specifically about single, no dependents that went to basic training/ait. Did you receive BAH? If yes was it hard to prove? If not what was the reason?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Adam

Re: Question for those who returned from BCT: Did you GET BAH?

If your name is on a mortgage or rental agreement you will be able to get BAH while at basic/ait based its location.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm

Comment

To get BAH while at IET, i was required to provide mortgage/lease AND utility bill.

Comment

I had to provide a utility bill with my name on it, and a notarized lease/mortgage agreement. The recruiting station I worked with had no idea that BAH in IET was even available for singles, so I did this research on my own before I shipped.

It was a hassle getting my landlord to move the gas service to my name and ended up taking several months to fully execute. Keep this in mind.

Also, be advised that if your paperwork isn't right you may not have a chance to fix it. BAH is processed at BCT reception rather than the MEPS station.

Comment

I have a lease with my name on it, but no utility bills because everything is included (water, heat, cable, internet). Any suggestions for getting around utility bill requirement?

Adam

Comment

If it says in the lease that all the utilities are included then you should be fine. I will add though, is this lease with a family member? If it is, then you will not get BAH most likely.

Comment

I got back pay when I gave it to my unit's S1. This was after my OSUT though last year.

Comment

Working...
              X